Associate Director, Business Development, Early Phase
Multiple Locations: Massachusetts, United States • Pennsylvania, United States • Maryland, United States
Requisition Number: 2249
Position Title: Associate Director, Business Development, Early Phase
SUMMARY: The Associate, Director of Business Development is responsible for driving exposure of our Clinic and Bioanalytical Lab capabilities and offerings along with growing new relationships with clients. Executive Director will have a proven track record in building productive client relationships in the clinical research or health sciences industries.
The post holder will be able to achieve and maintain effective client relationships. Must be able to design and deliver powerful solution-driven capabilities and proposal defense presentations in collaboration with highly skilled clinical and operation personnel; create business opportunities through client needs identification and relationship building; proactively work with customer and project teams to resolve client concerns by helping to create specific action plans that support the customer and the project team.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Achieve individual revenue and sales objectives through proactive communication and sales for the Worldwide Clinical Trials late phase services to assigned clients.
- Connect the Worldwide team to your established network of biotechnology and pharmaceutical contacts.
- Identify new contact leads for potential Phase I Clinical Pharmacology Worldwide business.
- Develop and implement individual, territory and key account strategies that are specifically geared to the growth and retention of the client base.
- Responsible for aiding the development of project proposals including but not limited to communicating with clients, internal Project Directors and Project Managers and providing text and supporting study budget reviews.
- Coordinates and attends trade shows including making exhibition arrangements, organizing meetings, and hospitality suite arrangements. Ensures that trade show activities run smoothly and are within budget.
- Professionally conduct teleconferences, client meetings, general capabilities meetings, and bid defense meetings to all key accounts in pursuit of new business opportunities.
- Provide continuous general intelligence on all key competitors; their services, acquisitions, and pricing.
- Provide daily updates to the Sales Force Automation Client Contact and Mailing Database (CRM).
- Provide bi-weekly sales reports outlining major client visits, phone calls, and accomplishments, and objectives/goals achieved or missed.
- Actively engage senior management in all major business presentations, and discussions regarding a strategic account and/or top opportunity.
- Actively coordinate the interaction between Sponsor (Client), and key Worldwide team members.
- Determine new approaches to problem-solving and devise solutions within the scope of responsibility.
- Make own travel as needed to pursue new business and maintain client relationships. Complies with the Worldwide travel policies.
- Able and willing to travel throughout the assigned geographical territory as well as nationally and internationally
- Requires independent judgment and understanding of corporate goals and policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management and as necessary to meet business challenges.
- May include mentoring and/or managing Business Development team members at Worldwide.
- The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work independently and under pressure without supervision
- Excellent communication skills with a high degree of professionalism
- Good organizational skills; ability to prioritize, delegate, and evaluate work.
- Strong, and effective presentation skills; ability to convincingly present features and benefits of service to clients
- Strong interpersonal skills creating and maintaining a positive dialogue with both clients and colleagues
- Excellent negotiating skills
- BA/BS in business or life sciences
- MS or MBA preferred
- Management experience preferred
- Two (2) years of sales experience in CRO industries
- Clinical Operations background preferred
- Extensive knowledge of sales methods and practices
- Knowledgeable in the drug development process preferably gained within a CRO
- Fluent in the English language – written and oral
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and sales management/CRM software
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Director, Business Development, Early Phase
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.