Pharmacy Technician - Quality Coordinator
Location: San Antonio, TX, USA
Requisition Number: 6189
Position Title: Pharmacy Quality Coordinator
Who we are
We’re a global, midsize CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates, and invents because the path to a cure for the world’s most persistent diseases is not paved by those who play it safe. It is built by those who take pioneering, creative approaches and implement them with quality and excellence.
We are Worldwide Clinical Trials, and we are a global team of over 3,000 experts, bright thinkers, dreamers, and doers, and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs – in the best possible way.
Our mission is to work with passion and purpose every day to improve lives and we are looking for others who value this same pursuit.
At Worldwide, we balance fun with the serious business of changing lives. We have a values-driven culture that is built from the ground up. We empower our team members to treat every clinical trial like a patient’s life depends on it – because it does. Our leaders are in the trenches with you - committed to advancing science and moving mountains for our customers.
SUMMARY: Are you a certified Pharmacy Technician looking for a great company to grow your career? If you have at least 3 years of full-time Pharmacy experience then consider applying for our full-time Pharmacy Technician opportunity.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Dosing, Labeling, and Dispensation of test articles
- Complete all pharmacy documentation
- Temperature and humidity procedure
- Blinding procedure,
- Attends in-house protocol meetings and Sponsor meetings
- Emergency cart inventory,
- Quarantine of test article,
- IV pump training,
- Trains subjects and staff on special procedures, and runs mock procedures if needed
- Completes study-specific paperwork.
- Orders pharmacy supplies to maintain adequate stock.
- Reads and follows study instructions; signs study responsibility log.
- Performs procedures and dispose of contaminated supplies according to OSHA requirements.
- Ensures that all pharmacy procedures are performed on time and according to the study protocol and procedures.
- Ensures that pharmacy and procedure areas are kept clean and organized.
- Performs other procedures or duties not mentioned, as required by specific study protocols.
- Completes all necessary training for the position, including SOPs, DOPs, and skill verification.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Able to work effectively with co-workers in a team environment and individually unsupervised.
- Able to perform duties at a fast pace without errors.
- Willing to perform repetitive tasks.
- Able to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Cont.):
- Some knowledge and skills in performing technical and compounding procedures; performing IV admixtures, and administering IV medications through the use of stationary infusion and syringe pumps.
Required: 1-3 years of experience as a Pharmacy Technician. Current Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) Certificate and ACTIVE registration with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy (TSBP).
Required: IV admixtures certification.
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Pharmacy Technician - Quality Coordinator
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Antonio, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to enabling professionals from all backgrounds and experiences to succeed and, to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, military status, or other class protected by applicable law. Worldwide is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.