Site Activation Specialist/Senior - REMOTE - EUROPE
Multiple Locations: United Kingdom • France • Belgium • Netherlands
Requisition Number: 994
Position Title: Site Activation Specialist
Site Activation is a fast growing, dynamic department! We are the launch pad for new projects. We help determine strategies for the optimal mix of countries, target sites and other factors to expedite regulatory and recruitment objectives, and then execute that strategy by initializing regulatory filings and locating, qualifying and activating clinical research sites.
The Site Activation group is the perfect place to launch or further your career. We emphasize development of project management and strategic planning skills that will advance you through the opportunities within Site Activation or serve as an excellent pathway to advancement in Project Management or other Clinical Operations groups.
We are seeking a talented Site Activation Specialist to join us. This is a virtual role that may be based in multiple European countries.
Site Activation Specialist is responsible for supporting Site Activation and Regulatory (SAR) activation and maintenance activities with emphasis on the quality and delivery of the Essential Document Packet. Responsibilities include Essential Document collection, tracking, review and provision of country/site requirements to support achievement of site activation goals and ongoing maintenance activities in compliance with Good Clinical Practices (GCPs) and applicable local and international regulations and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Conducts and supports site level feasibility assessments by coordinating site identification at a country and regional level. This includes supporting site qualification, site start-up activities pertaining to Regulatory Authorities submissions under the direction of the Regulatory Affairs team; and liaison with sites to support contracts/budget negotiations under the direction of the Site Contracts team. Reports to the Site Activation and Regulatory Lead.
- Track study-specific site regulatory documents by site and/or country and follows up with sites or internal team members as needed and reports to the SAR Lead
- Support the development and adaptation of country/site specific informed consent forms
- Maintain regular communication with sites to ensure timely completion of start-up and maintenance activities
- Interface with relevant functional leads to ensure appropriate prioritization of essential document collection and review to facilitate synchronized start-up
- Collect, receive, and perform first review of required study-specific site regulatory/essential in accordance with applicable SOPs, guidelines and relevant study specific plans. Implement corrective action as needed, prior to essential document review sign off and follow up on Non-Hold items post sign off (where applicable)
- Where applicable, provide local follow up and updates of status of local EC submissions to the Regulatory Affairs and relevant teams assigned to the project
- Where required, complete, manage and/or support country and site-specific activities (e.g., compiling, submitting and obtaining import/export licenses, radiation board and biobank committee approvals, etc.) required to activate sites for a clinical trial as appropriate
- May perform pre-award feasibility studies
- Support Site Identification activities including the negotiation and collection of Confidential Disclosure Agreements and the collection and analysis of Site Identification Questionnaires
- Support the collection of country and site level intelligence
- Support the development of a preliminary potential site list
- May conduct remote pre-study site visits (where applicable and allowed by sponsor)
- Support translations according to governing SOPs
- May help train SAR colleagues to foster quality delivery throughout the SAR department
- May support regulatory activities under guidance as needed for critical delivery or for professional self-development if desired
- Be familiar with and comply with SOPs, ICH GCP and applicable regulations
- Maintain an understanding of FDA and/ or EU Directives and regulations, ICH Guidelines and country/local regulatory requirements.
Other skills and abilities:
- Organizational and time management skills
- Aptitude for planning, strategizing, managing, monitoring, scheduling, and critiquing skills
- Self-motivated learning about current regulatory processes and intelligence accompanied by knowledge sharing and training within and beyond the SAR department team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to clearly and concisely present information
- Proficiency in MS-Office applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Team-oriented work style; seeks and gives guidance to others
- Strong understanding of country level cultural norms and local healthcare systems; ability to initiate and develop relationships with local investigators and key site personnel
- Strong understanding of clinical research principles and process
- A minimum four-year college curriculum with a major concentration in medical, biological, physical, health, pharmacy or other related science
- Minimum one year of experience in clinical research, preferably in site activation or regulatory-related function
- Previous experience within the pharmaceutical/CRO industry
- Good knowledge of ICH GCP, EU Clinical Trials Directive and other relevant clinical research conduct guidance
- Multilingualism preferred; fluent in local language; working knowledge of English
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Site Activation Specialist/Senior - REMOTE - EUROPE
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Nottingham, GB