AM PRN Clinical Recruitment Specialist
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 977
Position Title: PRN Clinical Recruitment Specialist
SUMMARY: The Clinical Recruitment Specialist, under the guidance of the Recruitment Services Manager is responsible for assuring that all phones are answered in a professional and timely manner. They will phone screen all potential subjects and will be knowledgeable about each study’s specific requirements. Responsibilities also include database entry, subject scheduling, running study specific queries, and subject tracking.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Accomplishes all necessary and applicable WCT training, including Standard Operating Procedures, Corporate Handbook, and Recruitment Training Manual.
- Always represents WCT in a professional manner (verbal, written and in appearance) when interacting with sponsors, volunteers, outside vendors and fellow employees.
- Answers all incoming phone calls and return calls in a professional and timely manner.
- Performs outbound calling to potential participants for enrollment into ongoing studies.
- Utilizes the recruitment subject database for subject identification, recruitment and qualification.
- Telephone screens potential participants and schedules them for screening.
- Assists in subject tracking, including screening cancellations, and follow-up with subjects on probation or outbound calling.
- Becomes familiar with inclusion/exclusion criteria for each study protocol. If needed, assists with creation of screening forms, assesses probable eligibility, and schedules subjects.
- Becomes familiar with job-specific information, including but not limited to medications (trade names, generic names, and categories), media sources, study procedures and protocol, industry vocabulary, etc.
- Becomes familiar with recruitment policies, including those on cancellations, no-shows, priority subjects, probation, and “No Contact” and is able to inform subjects of these policies.
- Responsible for requesting, scheduling, and attending any training required for this position.
Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Basic computer knowledge and applications required for database maintenance and other administrative duties.
- Must be able to work with constant interruptions.
- Experience in phone interviews and medical terminology to include medications.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Possible equipment includes, but is not limited to: computers, rolling carts, fax machines, photocopiers, telephone, calculators, and answering machines.
Required: High school or GED diploma. Minimum 2 year call center experience. Customer Service Experience.
Preferred: At least 2 years of experience in the medical field with some knowledge in medical terminology.
Employment Type: PRN
Community / Marketing Title: AM PRN Clinical Recruitment Specialist
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide Clinical Trials is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief or disability.