Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 963
Position Title: Subject Matter Expert
SUMMARY: The Mentor Coordinator, under the guidance of the Training department manager, is responsible for ensuring that all Full-Time, Part-Time and PRN staff receive adequate training with respect to Worldwide Clinical Trials (WCT), Work Instructions (WI), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and mentoring. He/she will also assist with the creation of training materials, develop training programs, and develop and maintain comprehensive documentation of all mentoring activities at WCT that relate to their specific department
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Always represents WCT in a professional manner (verbal, written and in appearance) when interacting with Sponsors, volunteers, outside vendors, and fellow
- Contacts new Full-Time, Part-Time and PRN employees to schedule mentoring according to established training department procedures and
- Ensures that new and current Full-Time, Part-Time and PRN staff demonstrate competency in performing and documenting required
- Assists Trainers with setting up mentoring training schedules for each new Full-Time, Part-Time and PRN employee and evaluates current employees for
- Trains PRN, Part-Time, and Full-Time staff on relevant WIs and SOPs as determined by the training matrix designated for their job description on a rotating
- Ensures that electronic or manual mentoring records are updated accordingly in the Worldwide Learning Center training system.
- Assists Training Supervisor and departmental managers in process audits of relevant clinic staff and procedure performance.
- Mentors trainees on new procedures, evaluates competency and approves or retrains as needed prior to allowing the trainee to perform the procedure
- Conducts re-training and mentoring of employees as requested by the employee or his/her
- Works with trainers to assists Departmental Supervisors in creating practical training for study-specific procedures as required.
- Responsible for requesting, scheduling and attending any training required for this
- Biannually demonstrates proficiency in all departmental procedures and
- Complete 2 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) per year in the domains of training, medical procedures or laboratory processing. Collaborate with QA to advise WI changes as needed or during the annual WI
- Perform other duties as
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; excellent attention to detail; exceptional organizational and planning
- Must be creative and have excellent presentation
- Must have skills to tactfully correct co-workers, providing positive feedback in a non-threatening
- Must maintain a positive, upbeat, professional attitude at all
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently with limited
- Excellent computer and writing
- Working knowledge of the clinical research process, excellent skills in phlebotomy, vital signs, ECGs, lab sample processing, and all procedures related to the Training
- Curriculum development
Required: High school degree and demonstrated proficiency in all procedures and documentation relating to the assigned department
Preferred: Associate or Bachelor’s degree; 2-3 years of phlebotomy experience; two years of clinical research experience.
Other: Mentor Coordinator must have in-depth knowledge and complete understanding of all responsibilities pertaining to their specific departments.
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Mentor Coordinator
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Antonio, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide Clinical Trials is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief or disability.