Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 850
Position Title: Screening Coordinator
SUMMARY: The Screening Coordinator, under the guidance of the Screening Manager is responsible for verifying identity and eligibility for screening, verifying source data captured during screening meets protocol requirements and general administrative duties for the screening department.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Provides a high level of customer service as the first point of contact by phone or in person with subjects and business associates.
- Identifies problems or potential problems and escalates accordingly.
- Keeps track of source documents being filed and entered into the subject folders.
- Reviews study protocol for studies as assigned.
- Performs administrative duties as assigned.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Follows WCT safety guidelines.
Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Always representing WCT in a professional manner (verbal, written, and in appearance) when interacting with sponsors, volunteers, outside vendors, and fellow employees.
- Ability to understand complex written and oral instructions.
- Basic computer knowledge and applications required for generation of business correspondence and preparation of regulatory and other study documents. Strong interpersonal skills. Excellent attention to detail.
- Exceptional organizational skills. Ability to set and meet deadlines with high quality work.
- Some knowledge of the clinical research process, including Good Clinical Practices, a plus.
- Possible mental demands include, but are not limited to: reading, math, intense concentration, verbal communication, written communication, client contact, close attention to detail, multiple tasks, and fluctuation in work load.
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Experience in operating office machinery – fax, copier and scanner
- Must have experience with answering phones having a professional and friendly phone demeanor
- Possible physical demands include, but are not limited to: lifting and carrying of objects weighing 5-50 lbs., hearing, seeing, gross and fine motor use of upper extremities, kneeling, walking, standing, leaning over for extended periods of time, squatting, eye strain/fatigue, climbing, pushing, pulling, reaching, and exposure risk to potentially infectious blood and/or body fluids, and/or hazardous fumes or chemicals.
Required: Certified Medical Assistaint (preferably in the field of Life Sciences or Health).
High School Diploma, GED or High School Diploma Equivalent
Preferred: Associates Degree (preferably in the field of Life Sciences or Health).
Other: Workload will be assigned in accordance with demand. There will be times when an adjustment in work hours to include weekends is necessary. Responsible for planning and managing his/her daily workload with the ultimate goal of meeting set study timelines. This person must be self-motivated and able to manage multiple tasks and deadlines, to ensure that all deadlines are met. Must be able to follow written and verbal communication. Must be punctual.
Employment Type: PRN
Community / Marketing Title: Screening Coordinator
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Antonio, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide Clinical Trials is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief or disability.