Clinical Payments Specialist
Location: Morrisville, North Carolina, United States
Requisition Number: 846
Position Title: Clinical Payments Specialist
We are seeking a Clinical Payments Specialist to join our growing team!
The Clinical Payments Specialist is a full-time position responsible for end to end management of global Investigator payments for assigned studies. The Clinical Payments Specialist is responsible for the set-up, deployment, management and close-out of the study payments solution
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
Responsibilities include end to end management of global Investigator payments for assigned studies including:
- Collection of information from all teams/systems/tools wherever needed on a timely and proactive basis
- Understand global contract terms, budgets and payment schedules, ensuring that payments to investigative sites are aligned with the Clinical Trial Agreement.
- Analysis and presentation of data in a required fashion to various stakeholders
- Act as a Channel between the Sites/Clinical research teams interacting with the sites and other functional Leaders
- Perform payment reconciliations at mandated intervals.
- Complete analysis of budgeted versus actual spend for assigned projects and any other reporting needs as required. Review and discuss with project team.
- Develop and provide budgetary forecasts for project teams for investigator payments
- Develop and distribute consolidated monthly payments reports detailing the status of paid/unpaid sites in assigned study (s)
- Participate in client, and project team meetings
- Prepare, participate in and follow up on audits / inspections
- Participate in all required applicable trainings
- Point contact for all Investigator related queries on assigned studies.
- Identify trends in underpayment/overpayments
- Evaluate trends and works towards resolution and improvement of revenue cycle processes
- Work with financial and clinical departments collaboratively
- Research and identify payment discrepancies from various sources
- Provide high level of customer service to both internal customers from the global WCT organisation and external sites and sponsors
Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Strong interpersonal skills in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to exercise independent judgment with sensitivity to decisions requiring supervisory approval
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, including rapid response in generating new documents, forms and tools
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to develop naming conventions and filing architecture
- Advanced skills in MS Office applications including Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher.
- Knowledge and understanding of ICH, GCP and FDA or EU directive regulations (as applicable) as well as local regulatory requirements
- Excellent spoken and written English skills as well as fluency of the language of the country of location
- Energetic, diligent, customer-oriented
- At least 2 years’ experience with a CRO/Pharma Company in a relevant job involving qualitative data entry, data validation in Finance, Project Management or Contracts is preferred
- Four year college curriculum or university degree OR
- Two year college curriculum and one or more years’ experience in office administration or similar position, OR
- Skill sets and proven performance equivalent to above
- English, written and spoken, advanced level
State: North Carolina
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Clinical Payments Specialist
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Morrisville, North Carolina US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide Clinical Trials is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief or disability.