Pharmacovigilance Associate (UK)
Location: Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 832
Position Title: Associate II, Pharmacovigilance
Worldwide Clinical Trials is seeking a Pharmacovigilance Associate II OR Senior Pharmacovigilance Associate to join our growing team!
The Pharmacovigilance Associate II is responsible for the collection, processing, evaluation and reporting of incoming Serious Adverse Event (SAE) data according to applicable regulatory guidelines/requirements, Worldwide Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and project specific instructions.
As a PV Associate II, you will serve as Lead PV Associate on moderate to large sized studies that are moderate to complex in scope of work with moderate support from senior staff.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
With moderate guidance and oversight:
- Author Safety Management Plan for assigned studies
- Attend internal and client meetings as appropriate
- Attend and present at Investigator Meetings
- Review incoming SAE data for completeness and accuracy
- Perform data entry in the Safety Database and/or complete applicable tracking of incoming safety information
- Generate queries for missing or unclear information and follow-up with sites for resolution
- Perform QC of SAEs processed by other PV Associates
- Generate regulatory reports and perform safety submissions as needed
- Prepare and submit periodic safety reports as needed
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of safety related regulations and guidelines
- Maintain basic understanding of budget and scope of work for assigned projects
- Maintain basic understanding of budget and scope of work for assigned projects, ensuring compliance and escalation of any potential changes in scope
- May assist with bid defenses or other presentations
- May mentor or train new PV staff
- Perform other duties as assigned
The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong understanding of medical and scientific terminology, of the principles of clinical assessment of adverse drug events, of international regulations and of reporting requirements
- Strong understanding of computer technology, and management of relational database systems, including extraction of data
- Positive attitude and ability to interact diplomatically and professionally with internal and external customers in a global environment
- Excellent organization skills and ability to handle multiple competing priorities within tight timelines
- Consistently demonstrates commitment, dependability, cooperation, adaptability and flexibility in executing daily tasks and responsibilities
- Ability to anticipate needs and follow through on all assigned tasks
- Able to effectively receive and provide constructive feedback without becoming defensive
- Able to work well independently, but also able to seek input effectively from others when appropriate. Makes sound decisions within the scope of responsibility. Focuses on solutions and problem resolution verses complaining or placing blame
- Minimum of 3 years of pharmacovigilance experience (pre-approval clinical trials)
- Bachelor’s degree in science related field, nursing or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
- Computer literacy and strong working knowledge of MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing priorities while adhering to applicable timelines
- Ability to work independently, prioritize work effectively and work successfully in matrix team environment
- Ability and willingness for potential limited travel (domestic and international) as needed (attend Investigator Meeting, project kick-off meeting and/or bid defense meeting)
- Fluent in written and verbal English
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Pharmacovigilance Associate (UK)
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Nottingham, GB