VP, Laboratory - Early Phase
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 818
Position Title: Senior Vice President, Laboratory
SUMMARY: Oversee and directs operational laboratory planning to ensure continual improvements to better serve our customers and guide our growth. The Vice President, Laboratory Director is expected to make significant contributions to the company as a result of his/her external visibility, scientific credibility, mature professional judgment, and market perspective. Responsible for extending the global company values and culture to employees.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the strategic planning of long term and short-term objectives, and creating innovative solutions to drive revenue, for the bioanalytical laboratory.
- Anticipates and identifies laboratory concerns/ requirements and implements solutions directly or through delegation.
- Partners closely with the internal business development team to bring significant new work into the company as a result of his/her past performance, contacts, reputation, credibility with potential clients, understanding of marketplace needs, and effective support of Worldwide’s marketing activities. He/she should be very adept at working with potential clients to develop technically sound, marketable project ideas.
- Directs the development and implementation strategies for new methods needed to serve existing customers and expand the business. Responsible for growing the technical staff within the lab.
- When functioning in a project management capacity, ensures that his/her projects are tightly scoped, well planned and documented; that budgets, schedules, and technical quality are effectively managed; and that follow-on work and staff development opportunities are addressed in planning and executing the project.
- In the area of internal contributions, responsibilities include actively promoting technical development programs, which will keep Worldwide at the forefront of technology.
- Works effectively with the appropriate technical and operations staff managers to identify market trends that will demand new or added capabilities that are not currently supported. Once those development needs are identified, he/she should work to implement and qualify equipment, establish procedures, and train staff. He/she should identify and acquire client-funded programs that support these investments.
- Provides scientific leadership and direction in new technologies or methodology.
- In coordination with Laboratory Operations leadership and other senior staff, plans for necessary facility changes to accommodate new equipment, analysts, or projects.
- Promotes Worldwide’s scientific capabilities through publications, attendance at conferences, lectures, and/or seminars.
- Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Expert knowledge of analytical methodology used in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. with a focus on small molecules, peptides, and oligos utilizing HPLC, LC-MS/MS, LSC, etc.
- Expert knowledge of drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics, including the ability to design and execute absorption, metabolism, and elimination studies.
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of drug discovery and development (GLP, IND/NDA, Discovery through Phase 3 studies)
- Established record of publications and oral presentations at national scientific meetings.
- Extensive regulatory experience with FDA and EMA regulations.
- Ability to manage and interpret pharmacogenomics.
- Ability to travel and promote bioanalytical capabilities.
- Therapeutically aligned biomarker experience and ability to understand toxicology, disease pathophysiology, and intervention effects.
- Follows and implements WCT policies and Standard Operating Procedures and initiates appropriate changes and additional policies and procedures, where needed.
- Writes concise, understandable operating instructions and policy statements to keep employees informed of the current policies and procedures.
- Interacts with peers and others effectively and communicates ideas clearly.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills and the ability to set priorities.
- Strong computer skills, including laboratory data acquisition technology.
- D. degree in Chemistry or scientific discipline equivalent
- Scientific management level experience required
- 12 or more years as a senior scientist with expert knowledge of scientific principles and concepts
- Business knowledge as it relates to budgeting, labor analysis, and gross profit
- Proven track record in the execution of the company’s business objectives, and laboratory operations success and growth
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: VP, Laboratory - Early Phase
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide Clinical Trials is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief or disability.