Senior Scientist, Bioanalytical Study Management
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 817
Position Title: Senior Scientist, Bioanalytical Study Management
SUMMARY: The Senior Scientist, Bioanalytical Study Management is a project management position that will oversee the conduct of regulated and non-regulated studies. This individual supervises the technical and GLP aspects of a study or part of a study as defined for a study director The ideal candidate will provide scientific leadership and be a strategic thinker providing guidance and direction lower-level scientists.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Reviewing and approving data and records associated with assigned studies
- Making scientific judgments regarding the quality and integrity of data, taking corrective action, and documenting the decision
- Works on problems of diverse scope in which analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Seeking technical and management assistance when needed and using technical skills to troubleshoot
- Conducting and ensuring the study is in accordance with applicable SOPs, GLPs, and protocols
- Ensuring data, reports, and any supporting documentation is delivered to the Sponsor by the agreed-upon date and within budget
- Scheduling, coordinating, and invoicing assigned projects
- Ensuring quality of deliverables including data, reports, and electronic files
- Communicating effectively internally and externally with all levels of personnel
- Writing and reviewing proposals, Analytical Test Methods, protocols, reports, and SOPs
- Ensuring the study data and supporting records are archived in a timely manner
- Following safety procedures and guideline
- Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Develop and demonstrate effective time management and be able to manage their time in order to meet tasks, budgets, and deadlines. If unforeseen problems occur, these should be communicated to their supervisor or other management personnel.
- Manages additional training specific to tasks involved in project direction such as invoicing and other financial concerns, more in-depth training in Worldwide’s policies and procedures, and regulatory issues. They must be able to direct and train others in laboratory skills and project-specific tasks related to their assigned studies.
- Bachelor’s degree, with a science discipline, and 10 plus years of relevant work experience
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Scientist, Bioanalytical Study Management
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide Clinical Trials is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief or disability.