Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 757
Position Title: Facilities Technician 1
SUMMARY: The Facilities Technician 1 performs/assists with repairs and routine maintenance, assists with equipment checks, procedure, and dorm space set-up and assists with maintaining kitchen supplies and movement of supplies from storage to the clinic floor. He/she works under the supervision of the Facility Coordinator. He/she is not responsible for supervising other staff.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Assists with building upkeep, upgrades, and ordering of any furnishings as needed.
- Performs or assists with repairs on buildings, grounds, and equipment. Assists the Facilities Coordinator with training other Facilities Technicians on these duties.
- Oversees equipment inventory, repairs, maintenance checks, and documentation.
- Escorts vendors in all subject areas and areas where confidential documents are maintained.
- Assists with planning and installation of temporary walls and the moving/setting up of furniture as needed for studies.
- Ensure that the procedure area is kept clean and organized.
- Assisting with equipment calibration/maintenance, and ordering supplies as needed.
- Completes all necessary training for their position, including SOPs, DOPs, and skill verification.
- Acts as one point of contact related to relevant vendor questions or interactions in the absence of the Facilities Coordinator.
- Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good customer service skills. Must be able to work effectively with co-workers in a team environment and individually unsupervised.
- Basic knowledge of building maintenance.
- Able to perform duties at a fast pace without errors.
- Willing to perform repetitive tasks.
- Able to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Possible equipment includes, but is not limited to: computers, rolling carts, fax machine, photocopier, telephone, power tools, ladders, vehicles, electrical components, dollies, lab equipment, mop/broom, calculators, dishwasher, microwave, etc.
Required: High School Diploma, or equivalent; basic knowledge of building maintenance. At least one year of experience as a Facility Technician.
Preferred: Work experience in building maintenance, or course work.
Other: The Facilities Technician 1 will have tasks assigned to him/her each shift, and he/she will be responsible for performing these procedures accurately and on time. It will be the Facilities Technician’s responsibility to notify his/her supervisor if he/she is not able or is not trained to perform any assigned tasks, or of any other problems while on shift. Must be able to follow written and verbal communication. Excellent communication skills are required in order to assist in training Facilities Technicians. Must be punctual. Must have flexible hours.
Facilities Technician 1 will have some amount of direct and unsupervised contact with study participants. He/she will be responsible for communicating problems, questions and/or clarifications to his/her Supervisor.
Possible mental demands include, but are not limited to: reading, math, writing, intense concentration, verbal communication, participant contact, attention to detail, frequent interruptions, multiple tasks, fluctuations in a high-volume of workload.
Possible physical demands include, but are not limited to lifting and carrying of objects weighing 5-50 lbs., moving objects with a dolly, hearing, seeing, gross and fine motor use of upper extremities, driving; working with tools and power tools; kneeling, walking, standing, leaning over for extended periods of time, squatting, eye strain/fatigue, climbing, pushing, pulling, reaching, and exposure risk to potentially infectious blood and/or body fluids, and/or hazardous fumes or chemicals.
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Facilities Technician
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Antonio, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide Clinical Trials is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief or disability.