Executive Director, Project Management (CNS/Neuroscience) - Remote/Home based (US or Canada)
Multiple Locations: United States • Canada
Requisition Number: 7307
Position Title: Executive Director, Project Management
Executive Director, Project Management
Therapeutic Experience Required: CNS / Neuroscience
Full Time & Remote in the United States or Canada
Who we are
Worldwide Clinical Trials (Worldwide), a leading global contract research organization (CRO), works in partnership with biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies to create customized solutions that advance new medications – from discovery to reality. Anchored in our company’s scientific heritage, our dedicated therapeutic focus on cardiovascular, metabolic, neuroscience, oncology, and rare diseases, is applied to develop flexible plans and solve problems quickly for our customers.
Our talented team of 3,000+ professionals spans 60+ countries. We are united in cause with our customers to improve the lives of patients through new and innovative therapies.
We believe everyone plays an important role in making a world of difference for patients and their caregivers. From our hands-on, accessible leaders, to our cohesive and supportive teams, we are committed to enabling professionals from all backgrounds and experiences to succeed. We prioritize cultivating a diverse and inclusive environment that continues to promote collaboration and creativity. We are proud to be a workplace where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day. Join us!
What Project Management does at Worldwide
Worldwide Clinical Trials Project management is the perfect blend of operational rigor and therapeutic expertise, with a client-focused approach. Our Global Project Leads (GPLs) and Clinical Project Managers (CPMs) expertly guide our project teams to deliver with high quality, focusing on “doing it right the first time”.
The Project Management team is engaged in all aspects of the trial collaborating with scientific and therapeutic leadership, coordinating across project teams, and providing flexible, innovative and proactive solutions. At Worldwide, you will be dedicated to a specific therapeutic area which will not only give you an opportunity to develop in depth global operational expertise, but also benefit from exceptional scientific and medical background that our experts bring.
What you will do
The Executive Director, Project Management (EDPM) is responsible for the overall management and direction of the Project Management team within a therapeutic group. This is a leadership role
- EDPM is responsible for the successful conduct of assigned projects
- Line management responsibility for the recruitment, training, development and performance review of personnel
- In cooperation with business and senior management, responsible for the strategy and acquisition of new business
- Responsible for developing and maintaining effective client relationships
- Alliance Partnership responsibility
- Sub-TA Head responsibility
- VPPM deputy within therapeutic group
What you will bring to the role
The EDPM possesses a high level of the following skills and attributes:
- Demonstrated excellent Leadership skills
- Proven financial analytical skills
- Sound planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills
- Displays effective communication skills and can communicate in the English language (oral and written)
- Proven interpersonal skills
- Understanding of clinical research principles and process
- Able to delegate effectively and prioritize own and workload of project team members
- Cross cultural awareness and ability to adapt appropriately
- Strong marketing and negotiation skills
- Experienced in the creation and implementation of new processes
- Good computer skills
- 12+ years' of global clinical pharmaceutical industry experience including 8 years demonstrated skills and competency in clinical project management tasks and management of staff
- University/College degree, within Life Science is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead and line manage staff in a global environment
- Demonstrated ability to inspire effective teamwork and motivate personnel within a matrix system
- Experience in managing global drug development programs
- Proven ability to negotiate with clients in a professional manner
- Available for domestic and international travel, including overnight stays
- Valid Passport
- Ability to drive and have a valid driver’s license
- Fluent in local office language and in English, both written and verbal
- Broad knowledge of drug development process and client needs
We love knowing that someone is going to have a better life because of the work we do.
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Executive Director, Project Management (CNS/Neuroscience) - Remote/Home based (US or Canada)
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to enabling professionals from all backgrounds and experiences to succeed and, to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, military status, or other class protected by applicable law. Worldwide is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.