Medical Technologist 1, PRN
Location: San Antonio, TX, USA
Requisition Number: 7240
Position Title: PRN Medical Technologist
Who we are
We’re a global, midsize CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents because the path to a cure for the world’s most persistent diseases is not paved by those who play it safe. It is built by those who take pioneering, creative approaches and implement them with quality and excellence.
We are Worldwide Clinical Trials, and we are a global team of over 3,000 experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs – in the best possible way.
Our mission is to work with passion and purpose every day to improve lives and we are looking for others who value this same pursuit.
What Medical Technologist does at Worldwide
Medical Technologist 1 under general supervision of the Clinical Laboratory Manager independently performs a wide range of routine to complex medical laboratory tests, procedures, experiments, and analyses to provide data for clinical search studies. Guides, trains, and may provide leadership to trainees. Operates manual and automatic laboratory equipment to make qualitative and quantitative analyses of specimens. Monitors inventory of material, supplies and equipment to insure sufficient quantities are available for performance of duties; cleans and maintains standard laboratory equipment. The Medical Technologist 1 works under the direct supervision and guidance of the Clinical Laboratory Manager.
What you will do
- Always represents Worldwide Clinical Trials (WCT) in a professional manner (verbal written and in appearance) when interacting with Sponsors, subjects, outside vendors and fellow employees.
- Conducts chemical analyses of body fluids such as blood and urine to determine presence of normal and/or abnormal components.
- Validates, calculates, and tabulates results of tests performed, posts findings to log books and quality control records, and makes reports of observations.
- Performs quality control to ensure proper functioning of instruments, reagents, and procedures.
What you will bring to the role
- Good customer service skills and be able to perform duties at a fast pace without errors.
- Organized and have good attention to detail.
- Willing to perform repetitive tasks.
- Some knowledge and skills in performing technical procedures.
- Operates, performs required maintenance, and troubleshoots standard clinical laboratory instrumentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Science or an equivalent field.
- Certification as a Medical Technologist 1 or Clinical Laboratory Scientist by a nationally recognized agency/board.
- Recent experience as a generalist in a clinical laboratory in chemistry, hematology, and urinalysis. Knowledge of computer based programs (Word and Excel).
At Worldwide, we balance fun with the serious business of changing lives. We have a values-driven culture that is built from the ground up. We empower our team members to treat every clinical trial like a patient’s life depends on it – because it does. Our leaders are in the trenches with you - committed to advancing science and moving mountains for our customers.
Interested in hearing more about Worldwide or our roles? Check out our careers page at www.worldwide.com/careers!
Employment Type: PRN
Community / Marketing Title: Medical Technologist 1, PRN
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Antonio, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to enabling professionals from all backgrounds and experiences to succeed and, to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, military status, or other class protected by applicable law. Worldwide is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.