Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 711
Position Title: Assistant, Sample Control
SUMMARY: The Assistant, Sample Control works under the close supervision of the Manager of Sample Control and is responsible for logging in specimens and maintaining secure and well-organized specimen storage. This individual works on assignments that are routine in nature, requiring limited judgment and has little or no role in decision-making.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the storage and retrieval of study samples at Worldwide
- Maintain an inventory of samples for easy retrieval
- Keep sample storage freezers organized and clean
- Log-in study samples
- Facilitate the removal and return of study samples from Worldwide’s freezers during samples analysis
- Ensure that study samples are archived, returned to the sponsor and/or disposed of when appropriate
- Document the transfers, as required
- Must be able to work well with a variety of scientist/technicians
- Must be able to understand written instructions.
- Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Familiarity with the operations of all corporate divisions and GLP requirements; normally acquired after three months of on-the-job exposure to Worldwide operations
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to follow established Worldwide policies and GLP regulations
- Familiarity with Worldwide's safety procedures
- Ability to interact effectively with superiors, peers and other employees
- A minimum of a high school diploma or GED with 1 – 3 years of related experience required.
- GLP analytical laboratory experience to include basic knowledge of various analytical methods and FDA requirements preferred
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Lab Assistant
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide Clinical Trials is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief or disability.