Research Technician I
Location: San Antonio, TX, USA
Requisition Number: 7084
Position Title: PRN Research Technician 1
SUMMARY: A PRN Research Technician, along with other technicians, performs the bulk of the study procedures. Performs technical and laboratory procedures following Worldwide Clinical Trials Clinical (WCT) procedures and study protocol requirements. The PRN Research Technician 1 works under the direct supervision and guidance of the Assistant Supervisor, Laboratory Services, and the Supervisor, Laboratory Services.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Always represents WCT in a professional manner verbal, written and in appearance when interacting with Sponsors, study participants, outside vendors and fellow employees.
- Collects and processes lab samples (blood, urine, and other body fluids as needed).
Performs urine/fecal monitoring procedures during urine monitoring studies.
- Assures samples are processed per protocol as well as WCT procedures.
- Responsible for inventory and packaging of lab samples for shipment.
- Uses technical knowledge to determine specimen acceptability.
- Restocks lab supplies (pipettes, urine cups, etc.).
- Properly labels aliquot tubes for studies.
- Covers study procedures or shifts as needed.
- Ensures lab equipment is calibrated and properly maintained.
- Maintains and ensures safety equipment is available and performing (eyewash, PPE, etc.) correctly.
- Ensures the lab and all lab equipment is properly cleaned and disinfected.
- Once trained, performs the following procedures following WCT procedures and study protocol requirements:
- Blood Harvesting,
- Urine Monitoring,
- Fecal Collection,
- Performs other procedures/duties not mentioned, as required by specific study protocols.
- Responsible for requesting, scheduling and attending any training required for this position.
- Completes all necessary training for their position, including SOPs, WIs, and skill verification.
Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good customer service skills. Must be able to work effectively with co-workers in a team environment and individually unsupervised.
- Able to perform duties at a fast pace without errors.
- Willing to perform repetitive tasks.
- Able to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Cont.):
- Some knowledge and skills in performing technical and laboratory procedures and laboratory procedures.
- Possible equipment includes microscope and/or Automatic Pipette, but is not limited to: computers, rolling carts, fax machine, photocopier, telephone, lab apparatus, mop/broom, needles, equipment, centrifuges, freezers, allergy testing equipment, scales, calculators, etc.
Required: High School Diploma, or equivalent
Preferred: Experience as a lab technician, or other medical background or course work.
Other: The PRN Research Technician 1 will have tasks assigned to him/her each shift, and he/she will be responsible for performing these procedures accurately and on time. It will be the PRN Research Technician’s responsibility to notify his/her Supervisor if he/she is not able or is not trained to perform any assigned tasks, or of any other problems while on shift. Must be able to follow written and verbal communication. Must be punctual. Must have flexible hours.
The PRN Research Technician 1 will have a large amount of direct and unsupervised contact with study participants. He/she will be responsible for communicating problems, questions and/or clarifications to his/her Supervisor.
Possible mental demands include, but are not limited to: reading, math, writing, intense concentration, verbal communication, participant contact, attention to detail, frequent interruptions, fluctuations in workload, high volume of workload and performing very strict time-dependent procedures.
Possible physical demands include, but are not limited to: lifting and carrying of objects weighing 5-50 lbs., hearing, seeing, gross and fine motor use of upper extremities, kneeling, walking, standing, leaning over for extended periods of time, squatting, eye strain/fatigue, climbing, pushing, pulling, reaching, and exposure risk to potentially infectious blood and/or body fluids, and/or hazardous fumes or chemicals.
Promotion to the next level is at the discretion of the supervisor and not automatic based on years of experience. Personnel are evaluated on proven competency, level of responsibility, and ability to work independently.
Employment Type: PRN
Community / Marketing Title: Research Technician I
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Antonio, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to enabling professionals from all backgrounds and experiences to succeed and, to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, military status, or other class protected by applicable law. Worldwide is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.