Manager, Statistical Programming - EMEA - Office or Home Based
Multiple Locations: Nottingham, UK • Tbilisi, Georgia • Warsaw, Poland • Zagreb, Croatia • Bucharest, Romania • Belgrade, Serbia • Metropolitan City of Rome, Italy • Georgia, USA • France • Germany • Italy • Bulgaria • Spain • Czechia • Croatia • Romania • Hungary • United Kingdom • Serbia • Poland
Requisition Number: 7005
Position Title: Manager, Statistical Programming
Who we are
We’re a global, midsize CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents because the path to a cure for the world’s most persistent diseases is not paved by those who play it safe. It is built by those who take pioneering, creative approaches and implement them with quality and excellence.
We are Worldwide Clinical Trials, and we are a global team of over 3,200 experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs – in the best possible way.
Our mission is to work with passion and purpose every day to improve lives and we are looking for others who value this same pursuit.
What Global Programming does at Worldwide
The Worldwide team is an experienced and diverse group of Statistical Programmers who collaborate together as one, both via regularly scheduled group meetings to discuss issues, and impromptu one-on-one discussions between colleagues to discuss a particular topic. In this role the Manager, Statistical Programming will help lead the statistical programming function in providing statistical programming support for clinical trials as well as line managing a number of reports.
What you will do
- Manage the programming resource involving the planning and allocation of project work and raising and helping resolve resource issues.
- Proactively manage and develop the performance of statistical programmers through performance management, capability, disciplinary, training & development to meet the needs of the business and ensuring that activities are performed in compliance with relevant regulations and laws. Provide consultancy, mentoring and guidance to Programmers and Statisticians on programming and associated software support.
- Provide support for the bidding process, including contribution to budget review, bid defence meetings and development of the budget algorithm for stats programming activities.
- Develop internal relationships with relevant departments to ensure synergy of working practice across functions and represent the function externally through developing/managing customer relationships and attending/participating external meetings/conferences.
What you will bring to the role
- The job holder must be computer literate and numerate with a proven ability to adapt to various computer systems
- The job holder should have well developed consultancy and facilitation skills together with key competencies in customer focus, delivering on commitments, building strong relationships, communicating and influencing, building capability, embracing innovation and change and participative leadership.
- The job holder should have a broad experience of developing the role of statistical programming across a business including extensive experience in all phases (I to IV) of Clinical Research applications along with expert knowledge of the applicable regulatory standards.
- You must have previously worked as a Statistical Programmer to be considered for this role
- You must have previous experience of line managing Statistical Programmers
- Educated to degree level
- You will have advanced SAS programming skills with expert knowledge in SAS/Macro, Proc Tabulate, Proc Report and ODS. Good working knowledge in SAS/Graph, Proc SQL
- Strength of knowledge across a range of data management (e.g. data validation, audit trails, laboratory data transfer and coding dictionaries, electronic data capture) and statistical (e.g. data restructuring, data summary, analysis and reporting) applications.
At Worldwide, we balance fun with the serious business of changing lives. We have a values-driven culture that is built from the ground up. We empower our team members to treat every clinical trial like a patient’s life depends on it – because it does. Our leaders are in the trenches with you - committed to advancing science and moving mountains for our customers.
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Statistical Programming - EMEA - Office or Home Based
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Nottingham, GB