EU Contract Manager - EMEA - Homebased
Multiple Locations: Nottingham, UK • Belgrade, Serbia • United Kingdom • Serbia • France • Spain
Requisition Number: 6936
Position Title: Contract Manager
Who we are
We’re a global, midsize CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents because the path to a cure for the world’s most persistent diseases is not paved by those who play it safe. It is built by those who take pioneering, creative approaches and implement them with quality and excellence.
We are Worldwide Clinical Trials, and we are a global team of almost 2,500 experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs – in the best possible way.
Our mission is to work with passion and purpose every day to improve lives and we are looking for others who value this same pursuit.
What a Contract Manager does at Worldwide
The Contract Manager is responsible for the overall management of activities involved in the development/preparation and revision of the company’s contracts/change orders with its sponsors.
The Contract Manager manages a variety of clinical, services and related local and global contracts in accordance with company policies and procedures, applicable laws, and sponsor requirements.
The Contract Manager is responsible for the full life cycle of sponsor contracts/change orders (amendments), and will be responsible for preparing the contract by drafting and/or incorporating the associated budget, scope of work, and legal, financial, and operational terms, leading negotiations, ensuring adherence to master agreements, as well as providing advice to Worldwide’s business units and project teams on contract management and policy compliance matters. The Contract Manager will work with the Legal Department, Global Proposal Development, Business Development and Global Business Operations to review and develop master Service Agreements, statements of work, change order documents and service agreements.
What you will do
- Collaborate with Business Development, Therapeutic Leaders, Operations, Finance and Legal departments to draft and finalize contracts/change orders and contract termination documents with sponsors.
- Revise final proposal budget to reflect agreed upon specifications to include minor changes to the budget including updates to sponsor bid grids, if used, to reflect the revised budget.
- Interact/consult with Sr. Director of Global Proposal Development and Senior Management to obtain necessary approvals for special discounts (price increase deviations and bottom line discounts). Interact and consult with the Finance group to develop and obtain approval on payment schedules and payment terms.
- Ensure appropriate information distribution and discussion with relevant operational groups during contract/change order negotiations.
- Attend internal project handover meetings, if necessary, to document all necessary details for contract development and finalization.
- Obtain approvals for final budget/sponsor grids from Operations and the Therapeutic Leaders.
What you will bring to the role
- Strong interpersonal skills in a fast-paced, deadline oriented, and changing environment.
- Out-of-the-box mentality where "making the impossible possible" is top of mind for any project involvement.
- Strong familiarity with CRM, especially Salesforce.com.
- Knowledge of general corporate business practices, commercial contracting principles.
- Prior exposure in Proposal Development and Business Development Operations.
- Proactive person, ability to deliver, practical passion to perform always stronger and better.
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: EU Contract Manager - EMEA - Homebased
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Nottingham, GB