Senior Accounting Analyst - United States - Remote
Location: Raleigh, NC, USA
Requisition Number: 6910
Position Title: Senior Reporting Analyst, Accounting
Who we are
We’re a global, midsize CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents because the path to a cure for the world’s most persistent diseases is not paved by those who play it safe. It is built by those who take pioneering, creative approaches and implement them with quality and excellence.
We are Worldwide Clinical Trials, and we are a global team of almost 2,500 experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs – in the best possible way.
Our mission is to work with passion and purpose every day to improve lives and we are looking for others who value this same pursuit.
What the Senior Reporting Analyst does at Worldwide
The Senior Reporting Analyst take care the full spectrum of the GAAP financial statements preparation and reporting processes design and improvement.
What you will do
- New processes design and improvement
- Controls review and implementation
- Evaluates current processes; identifies areas for improvement and designs new processes
- Responsible for completing and implementing controls review process
- Producing accurate and timely financial and management accounts at month end at standalone level;
- Reconciles and reviews the monthly accounts and commentary independently
- Reviews income taxes, VAT and other similar items;
- Manages the relationship between WCT and the third party local accountants, tax advisors, lawyers and other similar bodies for each overseas WCT subsidiary company to ensure compliance with the local laws and regulations;
- Responsibile for the flow of all information impacting the financial statements between WCT and the third party local accountants;
- Responsible for regular reconciliations between the accounts maintained by WCT and the accounts maintained by the third party local accountants;
- Reconciles transactions (Account payable, accounts receivable) in a timely manner
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarilyall-inclusive.
What you will bring to the role
- Strong organizational and self-motivation skills, coupled with a relentless passion for quality and reliability to “get it right the first time”. Candidate also needs to be able to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to use initiative in day to day responsibilities.
- Clear understanding of best business practices with respect to this position, with a desire to continuously improve processes and internal controls.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to clearly and concisely present information, including English language proficiency.
- Assist as needed with the annual corporate external audit and with statutory corporate tax filings as it relates to the billing processes.
- Deep understanding of financial accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance or Accounting.
- At least 5 years of working experience in finance or accounting.
- English not lower than upper intermediate.
- Advanced knowledge in the use of financial software applications and databases.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills are essential.
- Knowledge in access databases and excel VBA will be additional advantage.
- DipIFR diploma, ACCA, ACA or CIMA in progress (or equivalent) required.
- Possess critical thinking/problem solving skills.
At Worldwide, we balance fun with the serious business of changing lives. We have a values-driven culture that is built from the ground up. We empower our team members to treat every clinical trial like a patient’s life depends on it – because it does. Our leaders are in the trenches with you - committed to advancing science and moving mountains for our customers.
Interested in hearing more about Worldwide or our roles? Check out our careers page at www.worldwide.com/careers!
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Accounting Analyst - United States - Remote
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Raleigh, North Carolina US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to enabling professionals from all backgrounds and experiences to succeed and, to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, military status, or other class protected by applicable law. Worldwide is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.