Senior Director, Business Development, Bioanalytical Lab - US West Coast - Home-Based
Multiple Locations: San Diego, CA, USA • California, USA
Requisition Number: 6731
Position Title: Senior Director, Business Development, Early Phase
Who we are
We’re a global, midsize CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates, and invents because the path to a cure for the world’s most persistent diseases is not paved by those who play it safe. It is built by those who take pioneering, creative approaches and implement them with quality and excellence.
We are Worldwide Clinical Trials, and we are a global team of over 3,000 experts, bright thinkers, dreamers, and doers, and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs – in the best possible way.
Our mission is to work with passion and purpose every day to improve lives and we are looking for others who value this same pursuit.
At Worldwide, we balance fun with the serious business of changing lives. We have a values-driven culture that is built from the ground up. We empower our team members to treat every clinical trial like a patient’s life depends on it – because it does. Our leaders are in the trenches with you - committed to advancing science and moving mountains for our customers.
Interested in hearing more about Worldwide or our roles? Check out our careers page at www.worldwide.com/careers!
What the Sr. Director, Business Development Does at Worldwide
The Sr. Director of Business Development, Early Phase is responsible for driving exposure and business growth to our Bioanalytical Lab capabilities and offerings along with growing new relationships with clients. This person will develop new businesses in the designated territory and will have a proven track record in building productive client relationships in the clinical research or biotech industries.
To be considered for this role, you will have a proven track record selling Bioanalytical services in the small and large molecule space. A proven track record of developing, growing, and nurturing customer relationships. Must be able to design and deliver powerful Bioanalytical solution-driven capabilities and proposal defense presentations in collaboration with highly skilled clinical and operation personnel; create business opportunities through customer needs identification and relationship building; proactively work with customer and project teams to resolve client concerns by helping to create specific action plans that support the customer and the project team.
What you will do
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Achieve individual revenue and sales objectives through proactive communication and sales for Worldwide Clinical Trials early phase services to assigned clients.
- Connect the Worldwide team to your established network of Bioanalytical contacts.
- Identify new contact leads for potential Phase I Clinical Pharmacology business.
- Develop and implement individual, territory, and key account strategies that are specifically geared to the growth and retention of the client base.
- Responsible for aiding the development of project proposals including but not limited to communicating with clients, internal Project Directors, and Project Managers and providing text and supporting study budget reviews.
- Coordinates and attends trade shows including making exhibition arrangements, organizing meetings, and hospitality suite arrangements. Ensures that trade show activities run smoothly and are within budget.
- Professionally conduct teleconferences, client meetings, general capabilities meetings, and bid defense meetings with all key accounts in pursuit of new business opportunities.
- Provide continuous general intelligence on all key competitors, their services, acquisitions, and pricing.
- Provide daily updates to the Sales Force Automation Client Contact and Mailing Database (CRM).
- Provide bi-weekly sales reports outlining major client visits, phone calls, accomplishments, and objectives/goals achieved or missed.
- Actively engage senior management in all major business presentations, and discussions regarding a strategic account and/or top opportunity.
- Actively coordinate the interaction between the Sponsor (Client), and key Worldwide team members.
- Determine new approaches to problem-solving and devise solutions within the scope of responsibility.
- Make own travel as needed to pursue new business and maintain client relationships. Complies with the Worldwide travel policies.
- Able and willing to travel throughout the assigned geographical territory as well as nationally and internationally
- Requires independent judgment and understanding of corporate goals and policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management and as necessary to meet business challenges.
- This may include mentoring and/or managing Business Development team members at Worldwide.
- The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
What you bring to the role
- A proven track record of selling and building Bioanalytical revenues in the small and large molecule space.
- Excellent communication skills with a high degree of professionalism
- Good organizational skills: prioritizing, delegating, and evaluating work.
- Strong, and effective presentation skills; ability to convincingly present features and benefits of service to clients
- Strong interpersonal skills in creating and maintaining a positive dialogue with both clients and colleagues
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Ability to work independently and under pressure without supervision
- BA/BS in business or life sciences
- MS or MBA preferred
- Management experience preferred
- Seven (7) years of sales experience in CRO industries
- Bioanalytical Operations background required
- Extensive knowledge of sales methods and practices
- Knowledgeable in the drug development process within a CRO
- Fluent in the English language – written and oral
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and sales management/CRM software
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Director, Business Development, Bioanalytical Lab - US West Coast - Home-Based
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to enabling professionals from all backgrounds and experiences to succeed and, to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, military status, or other class protected by applicable law. Worldwide is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.