Statistical Programmer - Europe - Office or Home Based
Multiple Locations: Nottingham, UK • Warsaw, Poland • Zagreb, Croatia • Belgrade, Serbia • Metropolitan City of Rome, Italy • United Kingdom • Serbia • Poland • Italy • Bulgaria • Spain • Czechia • Croatia • Romania • Hungary
Requisition Number: 6556
Position Title: Statistical Programmer 2
Who we are
Worldwide Clinical Trials (Worldwide), a leading global contract research organization (CRO), works in partnership with biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies to create customized solutions that advance new medications – from discovery to reality. Anchored in our company’s scientific heritage, our dedicated therapeutic focus on cardiovascular, metabolic, neuroscience, oncology, and rare diseases, is applied to develop flexible plans and solve problems quickly for our customers.
Our talented team of 3,000+ professionals spans 60+ countries. We are united in cause with our customers to improve the lives of patients through new and innovative therapies.
We believe everyone plays an important role in making a world of difference for patients and their caregivers. From our hands-on, accessible leaders, to our cohesive and supportive teams, we are committed to enabling professionals from all backgrounds and experiences to succeed. We prioritize cultivating a diverse and inclusive environment that continues to promote collaboration and creativity. We are proud to be a workplace where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day. Join us!
What Global Programming does at Worldwide
The Worldwide team is an experienced and diverse group of Programmers who collaborate together as one, both via regularly scheduled group meetings to discuss issues, and impromptu one-on-one discussions between colleagues to discuss a particular topic.
As a Statistical Programmer 2 on a project – you will be working with statisticians, sponsors, the wider study team and your own team of programmers, ensuring the data and output delivered for a study meets industry, regulatory submission and quality standards. As a Statistical Programmer 2 at Worldwide, you will develop SAS programs for the statistical reporting of clinical study data, ensuring that all processing is accurate and in compliance with department systems. Depending on experience you will also have the opportunity to be a Lead on some of your studies.
What you will do
- Develop, test and execute SAS programs to produce and validate CDISC SDTM and ADaM datasets, tables, figures and listings (TFL).
- Perform review of the clinical database specification, data transfer agreement/specification, programming related parts of Statistical Analysis plan including TFL shells for medium complexity studies. Develop and review specification for SDTM datasets and ADaM datasets for safety data, TFL shells and other specifications, e.g. patient profiles, OPS reports.
- Serve as a programming project lead on medium complexity studies (e.g. multy-part phase I study, parallel group phase II/III study with multiple endpoints) to distribute and oversee tasks for the programming team, communicate with internal and external clients, plan and execute delivery, and manage resources and competing project priorities with line manager or mentor support. Ensure budget and scope of project work remain aligned.
- Contribute to department process improvement including creating and testing standard SAS Macros, maintaining the required validation documentation. Act as a mentor for junior department members.
What you will bring to the role
- Must be computer literate and numerate with a willingness to adapt to various computer systems.
- Statistical programming skills and knowledge across a broad range of applications together with key competencies in customer focus, delivering on commitments, building strong relationships, communicating and influencing, and embracing innovation and change.
- It is essential that the job holder to possess strong analytical skills and attentiveness to detail.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- The jobholder has worked as a Statistical Programmer within clinical trials with knowledge in SAS/Macro, Proc Report and ODS. Good working knowledge in SAS/Graph, Proc SQL.
We love knowing that someone is going to have a better life because of the work we do.
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Statistical Programmer - Europe - Office or Home Based
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Nottingham, GB