Associate Director, Statistical Programming
Multiple Locations: Raleigh, NC, USA • Durham, NC, USA • North Carolina, USA • Canada • United States
Requisition Number: 6338
Position Title: Manager, Statistical Programming
Who we are
We’re a global, midsize CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents because the path to a cure for the world’s most persistent diseases is not paved by those who play it safe. It is built by those who take pioneering, creative approaches and implement them with quality and excellence.
We are Worldwide Clinical Trials, and we are a global team of over 3,000 experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs – in the best possible way.
Our mission is to work with passion and purpose every day to improve lives and we are looking for others who value this same pursuit.
What Global Programming does at Worldwide
The Worldwide team is an experienced and diverse group of Statistical Programmers who collaborate together as one, both via regularly scheduled group meetings to discuss issues, and impromptu one-on-one discussions between colleagues to discuss a particular topic. In this role the Associate Director, Statistical Programming will provide leadership, managerial and technical expertise to the statistical programming department; ensuring the efficient, accurate and timely completion of Statistical programming deliverables.
What you will do
- Lead and manage programming resource involving the planning and allocation of project work, raising and helping resolve resourcing issues.
- Proactively manage and develop the performance of statistical programmers through performance management, capability, disciplinary, training & development to meet the needs of the business. Provide consultancy, mentoring and guidance to Programmers and Statisticians on programming and associated software support.
- Develop internal relationship with data management, clinical programming and IVRS to ensure synergy of working practice across functions. Represent the function externally through developing/managing customer relationship and attending/participating external meetings/conferences
- Provide support for the bidding process, including contribution to budget review, bid defence meetings and development of the budget algorithm for stats programming activities
What you will bring to the role
- The job holder must be computer literate and numerate with a proven ability to adapt to various computer systems
- The job holder should have well developed consultancy and facilitation skills together with key competencies in customer focus, delivering on commitments, building strong relationships, communicating and influencing, building capability, embracing innovation and change and participative leadership
- The job holder should have a broad experience of developing the role of statistical programming across a business including extensive experience in all phases (I to IV) of Clinical Research application along with expert knowledge of the applicable regulatory standards
- Educated to degree level
- The job holder must have extensive experience as a Lead Statistical Programmer
- The job holder has advanced SAS programming skills with expert knowledge in SAS/Macro, Proc Tabulate, Proc Reports and ODS. Good working knowledge in SAS/Graph, Proc SQL
- Strength of knowledge across a range of data management (e.g. data validation, audit trials, laboratory data transfer and coding dictionaries, electronic data capture) and statistical (e.g. data restructuring, data summary, analysis and reporting) applications
- Experienced in guiding/mentoring/managing other programmers
At Worldwide, we balance fun with the serious business of changing lives. We have a values-driven culture that is built from the ground up. We empower our team members to treat every clinical trial like a patient’s life depends on it – because it does. Our leaders are in the trenches with you - committed to advancing science and moving mountains for our customers.
Interested in hearing more about Worldwide or our roles? Check out our careers page at www.worldwide.com/careers!
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Director, Statistical Programming
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Raleigh, North Carolina US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to enabling professionals from all backgrounds and experiences to succeed and, to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, military status, or other class protected by applicable law. Worldwide is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.