Assistant Supervisor- Medical Group
Location: San Antonio, TX, USA
Requisition Number: 6262
Position Title: Assistant Supervisor, Medical Group
Who we are
We’re a global, midsize CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates, and invents because the path to a cure for the world’s most persistent diseases is not paved by those who play it safe. It is built by those who take pioneering, creative approaches and implement them with quality and excellence.
We are Worldwide Clinical Trials, and we are a global team of almost 2,500 experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs – in the best possible way.
Our mission is to work with passion and purpose every day to improve lives and we are looking for others who value this same pursuit.
What the Assistant Supervisor, Medical Group does
The Medical Group Assistant Supervisor oversees the performance of study procedures by phlebotomist and technical staff, performs study procedures, and provides medical coverage as needed while subjects are in-house. He/she performs technical, laboratory, and administrative tasks following Worldwide Clinical Trials Early Phase Services (WCTEPS) procedures and study protocol requirements. The Medical Group Assistant Supervisor works under the direct supervision and guidance of the Medical Group Manager, and indirectly under the Medical Director and Associate Director of Clinical Conduct. He/she will provide direction supervision to all phlebotomist staff and indirect supervision for technical and laboratory staff (in the absence of a Full-Time Supervisor).
What you will do
- Oversees the hiring, performance and activities of all phlebotomist and technical staff.
- Verify and sign FT and PRN staff timesheets.
- Functions as WCTEPS’s medical coverage in case of an emergency for subjects visiting WCTEPS.
- Project staffing needs in advance to assure adequate staffing for all studies.
- Ensure all required training is completed and thorough documentation is on file before any supervised employee performs any job-related duties.
- Oversee all study procedures to ensure that they are performed on time, following both the study protocol and WCTEPS procedures.
- Act as the primary contact for subjects while in-house when the coordinator is not available.
- Maintain and adjust the work schedule according to workload and study needs. The Medical Group Assistant Supervisor assists the Medical Group Manager in preparing daily assignments for the staff.
- Indirectly supervises technical and laboratory staff in the absence of a Full-Time Supervisor.
- Supervise phlebotomy staff and technical services staff to ensure that the following procedures are completed on time per WCTEPS guidelines and study protocol requirements:
- Vital signs
- Serving of meals/snacks
- Collection and processing of lab samples (blood, urine, and other body fluids)
- Search of subjects and their belonging when entering and leaving the facility
- Insertion of IV catheters
- Vein ratings & Telemetry monitoring
- Dispenses concomitant medications as needed and directed by the Principal Investigator
What you will bring to the role
- Customer service skills and be able to perform duties at a fast pace without errors.
- Good documentation and organizational skills and good attention to detail.
- Willing to perform repetitive tasks.
- Good medical judgment.
- Ability to draw blood competently.
- Knowledge and skills in performing technical and laboratory procedures; experience performing phlebotomy, vital signs, ECGs, telemetry monitoring, holter monitoring, IVs, computer skills and laboratory procedures.
- 1 year of experience as a phlebotomist, performing all required skills at an expert level. BLS and ACLS certification.
Preferred: 2 years full time experience at WCTEPS. 1 year working as a Lead phlebotomist or 3-5 years working in a clinical setting. Clinical Research knowledge. Associate or Bachelor’s degree.
At Worldwide, we balance fun with the serious business of changing lives. We have a values-driven culture that is built from the ground up. We empower our team members to treat every clinical trial like a patient’s life depends on it – because it does. Our leaders are in the trenches with you - committed to advancing science and moving mountains for our customers.
Interested in hearing more about Worldwide or our roles? Check out our careers page at www.worldwide.com/careers!
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Assistant Supervisor- Medical Group
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Antonio, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to enabling professionals from all backgrounds and experiences to succeed and, to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, military status, or other class protected by applicable law. Worldwide is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.