Location: San Antonio, TX, USA
Requisition Number: 6223
Position Title: Phlebotomy Technician I
Who we are
We’re a global, midsize CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents because the path to a cure for the world’s most persistent diseases is not paved by those who play it safe. It is built by those who take pioneering, creative approaches and implement them with quality and excellence.
We are Worldwide Clinical Trials, and we are a global team of almost 2,500 experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs – in the best possible way.
Our mission is to work with passion and purpose every day to improve lives and we are looking for others who value this same pursuit.
What the Phlebotomy Technician I does
A Phlebotomy Technician I, along with other technicians, performs the bulk of the study procedures. He/she performs technical, laboratory and administrative procedures following Worldwide Clinical Trials (Worldwide) procedures and study protocol requirements. The Phlebotomy Technician I works under the direct supervision and guidance of the Assistant Supervisor, Medical Group and the Senior Manager, Medical Group. He/she is not responsible for supervising other staff.
What you will do
- Perform phlebotomy on study participants at timed intervals, ensuring the comfort and safety of the subjects.
- Properly label specimens and documents procedures as required.
- Once trained, perform the following procedures per Worldwide guidelines and study protocol requirements:
- Vital signs
- Serve meals/snacks
- Collect and processes lab samples (blood, urine, and other body fluids)
- Search subjects and their belongings when entering and leaving the facility
- Perform skin testing for allergens
- Perform Breath Alcohol Concentration Test
- Perform study specific procedures and duties per protocol requirements.
- Restock supplies.
- Perform administrative work as needed (copying, filing, filling in CRFs, etc.).
- Ensure procedures run smoothly and procedure areas are kept clean and uncluttered.
- Perform procedures and dispose of contaminated supplies according to OSHA requirements.
- Request, schedule and attend any training required for this position.
What you will bring to the role
- Good customer service skills and ability to perform duties at a fast pace without errors.
- Organization and good attention to detail.
- Ability to draw blood competently, as observed by the Assistant Supervisor, Medical Group and Sample processing or Training Department staff.
- Knowledge and skills in performing technical and laboratory procedures.
- Experience performing vital signs, ECGs and laboratory procedures.
- Knowledge of equipment use to include, but not limited to: computers, rolling carts, fax machine, photocopier, telephone, lab apparatus, mop/broom, needles, spirometry equipment, centrifuges, scales, calculators, vital signs equipment, ECG machines, microscope, dishwasher, microwave, etc.
- Graduate from an accredited Phlebotomy or Medical Assistant program or experience in a phase I clinical environment.
- Successful completion of Worldwide Phlebotomy Training Course and Phlebotomy Skill Assessment.
Preferred: Minimum 6 months of phlebotomy experience. Phlebotomy certification, Medical Assistant certification, or experience as a lab technician.
At Worldwide, we balance fun with the serious business of changing lives. We have a values-driven culture that is built from the ground up. We empower our team members to treat every clinical trial like a patient’s life depends on it – because it does. Our leaders are in the trenches with you - committed to advancing science and moving mountains for our customers.
Interested in hearing more about Worldwide or our roles? Check out our careers page at www.worldwide.com/careers!
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Phlebotomist
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Antonio, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to enabling professionals from all backgrounds and experiences to succeed and, to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, military status, or other class protected by applicable law. Worldwide is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.