Privacy Officer - Europe - Home-based
Multiple Locations: Nottingham, UK • United Kingdom • Serbia
Requisition Number: 6199
Position Title: Privacy Officer
Who we are
We’re a global, midsize CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents because the path to a cure for the world’s most persistent diseases is not paved by those who play it safe. It is built by those who take pioneering, creative approaches and implement them with quality and excellence.
What the Privacy Officer does at Worldwide
The Privacy Officer is responsible for supporting Worldwide’s Global Data Privacy Program and serves as a subject matter expert in data privacy/data protection.
The Privacy Officer reports to the Director, Global Data Privacy.
What you will do
- Support key initiatives, such as global Data Privacy intelligence database and international data transfer compliance projects. Support development of privacy impact assessments.
- Support Director, Global Data Privacy in conducting privacy training for business functional areas on best privacy practices and regulatory obligations. Assist Director, Global Data Privacy in mitigating/eliminating key legal and regulatory privacy exposure globally, managing set projects, working with relevant business and support units.
- Contribute to the development of corporate process documents and templates, including privacy policies, standard operating procedures, contract templates, privacy/transparency notices and patient informed consent documents, etc. Contribute to analysis of incident response (including communications/notifications to sponsors, supervisory authorities, data subjects and other third parties as appropriate).
- Review and negotiate customer and vendor data processing agreements, including international transfer agreements (e.g., SCCs) and provide data privacy subject matter expert (SME) advice to legal and contracts management teams for services agreements.
What you will bring to the role
- High degree of personal and professional integrity and professional ethics, including understanding of conflicts of interest. Extensive experience with international business and diverse business cultures.
- Ability to work independently and as a team to build consensus across multiple tiers of leadership and diverse functional areas of Worldwide. Strong communication skills, including written, verbal, and interpersonal skills, ability to build working relationships, and to communicate with key stakeholders, clients, data subjects and regulators.
- Integrity, initiative, organization, perseverance, discretion, ability to assert themselves in difficult circumstances.
- A passion for data privacy.
- Ability to comfortably and effectively interface with clients, vendors, (academic) investigative sites and regulators. Flexible, adaptable and able to work under pressure.
- Commitment to continuing education and professional development.
- Three years experience reviewing and negotiating contracts required, preferably in a regulated industry, with at least one year experience primarily in data privacy, preferably in a Contract Research Organization (CRO) or clinical division of pharmaceutical/biotech company. Advanced knowledge of global data protection and privacy laws and regulations, including but not limited to GDPR, required.
- Fluency in English language required.
- Proficiency in all MS-Office applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point required.
- Experience advising on legal, compliance and operational matters in the clinical research space, including but not limited to data processing agreements, clinical trial agreements, patient informed consents, and privacy notices preferred.
At Worldwide, we balance fun with the serious business of changing lives. We have a values-driven culture that is built from the ground up. We empower our team members to treat every clinical trial like a patient’s life depends on it – because it does. Our leaders are in the trenches with you - committed to advancing science and moving mountains for our customers.
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Privacy Officer - Europe - Home-based
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Nottingham, GB