IT Systems Engineer - UK/Serbia/Poland/Croatia - Home Based
Multiple Locations: United Kingdom • Serbia • Poland • Croatia
Requisition Number: 6171
Position Title: IT Systems Engineer
Who we are
We’re a global, midsize CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents because the path to a cure for the world’s most persistent diseases is not paved by those who play it safe. It is built by those who take pioneering, creative approaches and implement them with quality and excellence.
We are Worldwide Clinical Trials, and we are a global team of over 3,000 experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs – in the best possible way.
Our mission is to work with passion and purpose every day to improve lives and we are looking for others who value this same pursuit.
SUMMARY: The IT Systems Engineer is responsible for implementing and managing infrastructure for Worldwide, including servers, networks and backup systems. In addition, this position plays a key role in leading and participating in global IT projects.
This position will require a combination of strong technical skills and the ability to effectively prioritize, multi-task and participate in a wide variety of global projects in the US, INTL and CIS regions. He or she must exhibit technical expertise in enterprise systems administration and ideally is a self-starter with the passion for IT infrastructure with a high level of flexibility, commitment and a sense of ownership.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Install and maintain all infrastructure equipment at Worldwide locations and data centres such as network equipment, servers, telecoms, phone systems, computer hardware and software in use at Worldwide.
- Perform server and network administration on Windows servers, Active Directory (DNS, DHCP, Group Policies, OU structure, site replication), DFS, IIS, MS SQL, VMWare ESX, Citrix, firewalls, backups, LAN/WAN and firewall equipment.
- Establish and manage user, system and administrator accounts on the network, ensuring compliance with policy and procedures for backup, archiving and data restoration.
- Provide Tier 2 support for day-to-day management of infrastructure solutions, both internal and external (cloud), including firewalls, storage, servers, switches, network connectivity (WAN, LAN, Internet), SAN and backup.
- Implement IT Infrastructure projects, keeping milestones on target and providing regular updates, communication and guidance to teams and upper management as appropriate.
Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Flexible, adaptable and able to work under pressure
- Knowledge of Computer System Validation (21 CFR Part11, GxP)
- Proficiency in all MS-Office applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and Power Point.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in IT, Engineering or Sciences.
- 3+ years of administration experience in a Windows Server and Windows desktop environment including Windows servers, Windows 10 and other enterprise systems such as Cisco, Aruba, Fortigate, VMware, Citrix, HPe, Veeam or similar backup technologies, LAN/WAN and/or IDS/IPS technologies.
- In lieu of degree, 5+ years of administration experience in a Windows Server and Windows desktop environment including Windows servers, Windows 10 and other enterprise systems such as Cisco, Aruba, Fortigate, VMware, Citrix, HPe, Veeam or similar backup technologies, LAN/WAN and/or IDS/IPS technologies.
- with a
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, VPN, SSL/TLS and firewalls and related technologies.
- Strong troubleshooting capability for complex enterprise technical issues.
- Solid understanding of Infrastructure services such as Active Directory, LDAP, DNS, DHCP, IIS, SMTP; experience in managing or the administration of Windows systems or knowledge of systems architecture.
- Willingness to manage network and data canter maintenance or emergencies during non-business hours, evenings and on the weekend.
- ITIL familiarity or certification a plus.
- MCSE, CCNA, or similar certifications a plus.
At Worldwide, we balance fun with the serious business of changing lives. We have a values-driven culture that is built from the ground up. We empower our team members to treat every clinical trial like a patient’s life depends on it – because it does. Our leaders are in the trenches with you - committed to advancing science and moving mountains for our customers.
Interested in hearing more about Worldwide or our roles? Check out our careers page at www.worldwide.com/careers!
Promotion to the next level is not automatic based on years of experience. Personnel are evaluated on proven competency, level of responsibility, and ability to work independently.
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: IT Systems Engineer - UK/Serbia/Poland/Croatia - Home Based
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.