IT Business Intelligence Analyst
Multiple Locations: Serbia • Belgrade, Serbia
Requisition Number: 6168
Position Title: IT Business Intelligence Analyst
Job Title: IT Business Intelligence Analyst
Who we are
We’re a global, midsize CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents because the path to a cure for the world’s most persistent diseases is not paved by those who play it safe. It is built by those who take pioneering, creative approaches and implement them with quality and excellence.
We are Worldwide Clinical Trials, and we are a global team of almost 3,000 experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs – in the best possible way.
Our mission is to work with passion and purpose every day to improve lives and we are looking for others who value this same pursuit.
What IT Business Intelligence Analyst does at Worldwide
The individual in this role will design and deliver innovative BI solutions for Information Technology and the Worldwide organization. The ideal candidate will be able to quickly grasp business subject matter, work with the associated business data within source systems and analytical software platforms, and aid business stakeholders in finding clear approaches to analyze their business data in a consultative environment. They will be responsible for full analytics and report delivery cycles; including requirements analysis, data profiling, analytics and report design, data design, development, and delivery.
- Consult and collaborate with internal teams and stakeholders to identify and translate business needs into technical specifications and to develop analyses that lead to actionable insights.
- Connecting data sources, such as the Data Warehouse, importing data, and transforming data to generate reports that support business decision-making and business performance monitoring for Business intelligence.
- Using warehouse data to generate reports to support business decision-making and business performance monitoring.
- Design, build and deploy BI solutions (e.g., reporting tools) while applying best practices in data visualization and manipulation.
- Gather and prepare data to support analytics from a variety of data sources including internal systems (e.g., TrackWise, Watson, etc.), databases, Excel spreadsheets and flat files, as well as external sources as necessary (e.g., SharePoint Online, NetSuite, etc.).
What you will bring to the role
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework
- Expert-level proficiency with analytics development using common BI tools (e.g., Power BI, SSRS, Tableau, QlikView, Excel/PowerPivot, etc.)
- Comfort in leading an analytics effort independently. Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- Outstanding communication skills (both in presentation and comprehension) along with the aptitude for thought leadership in analytics
- Demonstrated passion for analytics/BI and the ability to communicate its value as a strategic business advantage
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and analytics techniques
- 3+ years of experience in data preparation, data gateway, and data warehousing projects and working with Microsoft Business Intelligence stack, such as Power BI, SSAS, SSRS, and SSIS.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Information Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics, or experience equivalent.
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Fluency in SQL or similar experience in analyzing large structured and unstructured datasets. Familiarity with database management and scripting.
At Worldwide, we balance fun with the serious business of changing lives. We have a values-driven culture that is built from the ground up. We empower our team members to treat every clinical trial like a patient’s life depends on it – because it does. Our leaders are in the trenches with you - committed to advancing science and moving mountains for our customers.
Interested in hearing more about Worldwide or our roles? Check out our careers page at www.worldwide.com/careers!
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: IT Business Intelligence Analyst
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.