Supervisor, Accounts Receivable
Requisition Number: 6148
Position Title: Supervisor, Accounts Receivable
SUMMARY: The Supervisor, Accounts Receivable is a role that helps Senior Manager, Accounts Receivable to ensure smooth and efficient work of the group in order meet deadlines and quality requirements.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Be expert in AR transactional activities, including preparing and rendering invoices to sponsors/clients, encompassing services, pass-through cost reimbursements and grants, reconciliation of Billing, unbilled services/reimbursable expenses and deferred revenue/advance expenses on the balance sheet, deep analysis of Unbilled PTC balance, resolving audit queries.
- Conducting A/R aging analysis and maintaining cash planning process, including forecasting of cash received, analysing cash collected against forecasted and adjusting forecasting algorithm based on variances.
- Performing internal AR-related reconciliations and providing reports upon request.
- Managing team members in Associate level including training and daily supervision, providing advice and spot-checking work done.
- Leadership in running and developing internal controls and month end close procedures.
- Implementing process changes and best practices by establishing relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain accuracy and consistency to existing policies for AR team, including SOP updates.
- Participation in recruiting and tutoring for new hires.
Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong organizational and self-motivation skills, coupled with a relentless passion for quality and reliability to “get it right the first time”; Candidate also needs to be able to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Clear understanding of best business practices with respect to this position, with a desire to continuously improve processes and internal controls.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to clearly and concisely present information, including English language proficiency.
- Be a self-starter and have the ability to use initiative.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interface appropriately with all levels of management.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines with a high degree of accuracy.
- Degree in Finance or Economics or equivalent and at least 5 years of working experience in financial operations or accounting.
- Leadership skills and team management experience is required.
- Competences required to build and own relationship with Customers in aspect of invoicing and collections, including chasing on outstanding invoices and payment disputes resolution.
- System implementation and process improvement experience is required.
- Advanced knowledge in the use of financial software applications and databases. Ideal candidate will also have relevant ERP experience.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills are essential. Proficiency in all other MS-Office applications will be requisite for this position.
Promotion to the next level is not automatic based on years of experience. Personnel are evaluated on proven competency, level of responsibility, and ability to work independently.
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Supervisor, Accounts Receivable
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.