Clinical Database Programmer / Senior Clinical Database Programmer - UK/Serbia/EMEA - Home Based
Multiple Locations: United Kingdom • Serbia • Mexico
Requisition Number: 6008
Position Title: Senior Clinical Database Programmer
Job Title: Senior Clinical Database Programmer
Who we are
We’re a global, midsize CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents because the path to a cure for the world’s most persistent diseases is not paved by those who play it safe. It is built by those who take pioneering, creative approaches and implement them with quality and excellence.
We are Worldwide Clinical Trials, and we are a global team of almost 3,000 experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs – in the best possible way.
Our mission is to work with passion and purpose every day to improve lives and we are looking for others who value this same pursuit.
What Global Data Management does at Worldwide
Data Management is an ever growing and collaborative department. Our global team is a group of diverse individuals with wide-ranging experience within the industry. From start to finish, we are involved in clinical studies beginning with building the study database, to locking and delivering the final dataset for the project. Data Management reviews and ensures the clinical study data is of high quality for regulatory submissions.
The Data Management group is the perfect place to launch or further your career. Whether it is technical expertise, or coming from a clinical background, you’re able to hone and expand your skillset within our department. Spanning various roles from data support staff, database and SAS programmers, coders and functional leads, there is place for you!
What you will do
- To co-ordinate and perform processes associated with the configuration, maintenance and validation of databases and database systems and associated applications.
- To review specifications for the set-up and modification of project specific data entry software (including edit check specifications) Review validation plan for edit check and reconciliation check specifications.
- Develop, test, and run SAS programs for clinical data management. This includes programs for data validation and reconciliation checks, data listings and data transfers.
- To configure database/eDC software (both internal and 3rd party) for the use of DM, sponsor and sites.
- To perform testing of databases and related applications according to IT and Data Management departmental SOPs, both for initial set-up and maintenance.
What you will bring to the role
- Be able to demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to demonstrate a methodical and logical approach to problem solving and the ability to learn new tasks quickly.
- Be able to work with close attention to detail.
- Be questioning about the validity of data being entered/extracted.
- Key competencies in customer focus, delivering on commitments, building strong relationships, communicating and influencing, and embracing innovation and change.
- The job holder must be computer literate and numerate with a willingness to adapt to various computer systems.
- Be educated to degree level or relevant experience
- At least 5 years experience of Data Management Systems and Software
- An understanding of CDISC SDTM standards
- Experience of SAS programming language
At Worldwide, we balance fun with the serious business of changing lives. We have a values-driven culture that is built from the ground up. We empower our team members to treat every clinical trial like a patient’s life depends on it – because it does. Our leaders are in the trenches with you - committed to advancing science and moving mountains for our customers.
Interested in hearing more about Worldwide or our roles? Check out our careers page at www.worldwide.com/careers!
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Clinical Database Programmer / Senior Clinical Database Programmer - UK/Serbia/EMEA - Home Based
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.