Network Engineer - Serbia/UK/Mexico - Home Based
Multiple Locations: Serbia • Mexico • United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 5998
Position Title: Network Engineer
Job Title: Network Engineer
Who we are
We’re a global, midsize CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents because the path to a cure for the world’s most persistent diseases is not paved by those who play it safe. It is built by those who take pioneering, creative approaches and implement them with quality and excellence.
We are Worldwide Clinical Trials, and we are a global team of almost 3,000 experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs – in the best possible way.
Our mission is to work with passion and purpose every day to improve lives and we are looking for others who value this same pursuit.
What a Network Engineer does at Worldwide
The role of the Network Engineer is to work with the IT Manager to enable Worldwide to offer highly available, secure, robust data and voice services all year round.
The Network Engineer will need to take the lead on the implementation of IT systems and the managing the IT Infrastructure through support of converged multi-vendor hardware and software solutions. The Network Systems Engineer is primarily responsible for assisting with the design, configuration, operation, security and support of the Worldwide’s wired and wireless infrastructure.
Strong communications and documentation skills is a requirement. The Network Engineer will be responsible for liaising with vendors and pricing services.
- Collaboratively manage, implement, and operate network equipment, software-defined networking, circuit management, unified communications, and network security solutions.
- Produce a complete plan and implementation timeline for each solution, identifying which resources are needed and how tasks should be completed while maintaining security and availability standards.
- Document the IT infrastructure to allow other staff members and customers to understand the network environment and use it effectively.
- Ensure reliable and trustworthy networks by planning and carrying out routine maintenance and upgrades and assuring security standards are being met on both the overall network and customers environments, including outside normal office hours.
- Participate in IT Infrastructure and IT Security projects, keeping milestones on target and providing regular updates, communication and guidance to teams and the IT Manager as appropriate.
- Facilitate and manage effective monitoring and auditing of network, security, and audit logs, intrusion detection systems and other security-related systems; investigate and escalate incidents including documentation and reporting of events and preventative actions.
What you will bring to the role
- Strong communications ability and process-oriented skills, including the ability to explain complex issues verbally and in writing.
- Must be willing to be bound to confidentiality in sensitive matters as part of reporting to the Manager of Global Network and Security Services.
- Experience in a regulated environment, i.e. FDA, MHRA, ICH GCP E6 2.11, Or other GxP environment preferred.
- Experience with Fortinet FortiGate Firewalls, Cisco networking and VMWare ESX
- Experience designing and implementing load balanced deployments
- Scripting experience (Python a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, VPN, SSL/TLS and firewalls and ability to troubleshoot complex issues.
- 3+ years in a technical management or global IT network role with experience in implementing a complex global network and network security infrastructure including network and telephony
- Solid understanding of infrastructure services such as Active Directory, LDAP, DNS, DHCP, IIS, SMTP; experience in managing or the administration of Network and Windows systems.
- Experience with Cisco and/or Aruba network equipment, Experience with security concepts and firewall management and experience with IP routing, VLANs, VRRP, and related protocols
At Worldwide, we balance fun with the serious business of changing lives. We have a values-driven culture that is built from the ground up. We empower our team members to treat every clinical trial like a patient’s life depends on it – because it does. Our leaders are in the trenches with you - committed to advancing science and moving mountains for our customers.
Interested in hearing more about Worldwide or our roles? Check out our careers page at www.worldwide.com/careers!
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Network Engineer - Serbia/UK/Mexico - Home Based
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.