Grant Payables Accountant - Serbia
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Requisition Number: 5825
Position Title: Grant Payables Accountant
Who we are
We’re a global, midsize CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents because the path to a cure for the world’s most persistent diseases is not paved by those who play it safe. It is built by those who take pioneering, creative approaches and implement them with quality and excellence.
We are Worldwide Clinical Trials, and we are a global team of almost 2,500 experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs – in the best possible way.
Our mission is to work with passion and purpose every day to improve lives and we are looking for others who value this same pursuit.
What you will do
- Responsible for entire Grant Payables accounting process, including balance sheet, cash and project specific reconciliations
- Process site payments in a timely and accurate manner
- Participate in running reports required for tax and transparency reporting, including 1099 and Sunshine act reporting
- Support process development and changes around grant payments, including system implementation and testing
- Respond to site payment queries, liaising with the company bank and WCT departments as and when required
- Participate in training and mentoring of new hires
- Draft and implement Internal SOPs and controls
What you will bring to the role
- Strong organizational and self-motivation skills; ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines with a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to clearly and concisely present information, including English language proficiency
- Be a self-starter and have the ability to use initiative
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interface appropriately with all levels of management
- Degree in Finance or Economics or equivalent and at least 4 year of working experience in financial operations or accounting
- Strong relationship building skills
- System implementation and/or process improvement experience preferred
- Advanced knowledge in the use of financial software applications and databases. Ideal candidate will also have relevant ERP experience.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills are essential. Proficiency in all other MS-Office applications will be requisite for this position
At Worldwide, we balance fun with the serious business of changing lives. We have a values-driven culture that is built from the ground up. We empower our team members to treat every clinical trial like a patient’s life depends on it – because it does. Our leaders are in the trenches with you - committed to advancing science and moving mountains for our customers.
Interested in hearing more about Worldwide or our roles? Check out our careers page at www.worldwide.com/careers!
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Grant Payables Accountant - Serbia
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Belgrade, RS