Commercial Solutions Strategy Manager II
Location: United States
Requisition Number: 5791
Position Title: Commercial Solutions Strategy Manager II
SUMMARY: The Commercial Solutions Strategy Manager II of Commercial Solutions will support the organization by partnering with Commercial Operations team to find solutions to managing the overall operational model. They will use data/insights to drive strategy, creation, and evaluation of the commercial tool as well as assist with other programs within the organization. The individual will support initiatives to analyze business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources, bringing expertise, and leveraging internal subject matter experts, developing recommendations, and assisting in implementation.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Commercial tool management, including working across functional departments to assist in the design and implementation of tool improvements and changes
- Participate in Commercial Solutions team calls and conversations to stay up to date on team initiatives
- Perform ad hoc analysis/deliverables as requested from Commercial Operations
- Perform customized deliverables for specific client requests (inflation analysis, rate cards, cash flow, library, playbook, layout, design, etc.)
- Independently drive and own assigned projects
- Provide analysis and feedback to support Commercial Operations in decision making.
- Respond to routine and non-routine inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Detailed knowledge of commercial tool and ability to develop new function; Managing the algorithms programming within various systems; Implement tool fixes in a timely manner, as needed; Drive commercial tool improvements on a timely basis for regular release updates; Maintenance (trouble shooting beyond the function of the tool)
- Resolve complex inquiries with minimal support or oversight
- Interacts with management to ensure essential bid information is accurate and complete and is integrated into the automated systems
- Review and maintain metrics to ensure cross-therapeutic consistency
- Reporting /analytics - Custom reports
- Data Warehouse - PowerBI Reports
- Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent analytical skills, oral and written communications, strong attention to detail, prioritization, self-motivation, and time management proficiencies
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and many details in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment working either independently or in a team environment, depending on the task
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently
- Comprehensive understanding of the commercial development process, and the overall business organization and functional areas, and commercial strategy
- Knowledge about the pharmaceutical and CRO industry a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite experience with strong skills in Excel and PowerPoint. Competence in analytical tools (PowerBI), and CRM (i.e., Salesforce) or similar programs preferred
- Advanced programming skillset (manipulating complex files, designing/auditing algorithms, macros, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in relevant field
- Experience with analyzing large data sets and characterizing information
- Excellent customer relationship management skills and strong commercial acumen
- Ability to work in a high pressure/ time-sensitive environment including the ability to handle multiple issues on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational agility, negotiation skills, and demonstrated drive for results
- Proven ability to build peer relationships and effective teams with demonstrated global and cultural awareness
- Minimum five years’ experience in CRO/Pharmaceutical industry or similar preferred
- Experience within a CRO or Pharma company providing comprehensive understanding of sponsor/CRO business practices and advanced knowledge of operational/financial practices, with the ability to analyze and evaluate processes and procedures preferred
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Promotion to the next level is not automatic based on years of experience. Personnel are evaluated on proven competency, level of responsibility, and ability to work independently.
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Commercial Solutions Strategy Manager II
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to enabling professionals from all backgrounds and experiences to succeed and, to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, military status, or other class protected by applicable law. Worldwide is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.