Medical Group Logistics Coordinator
Location: San Antonio, TX, USA
Requisition Number: 5693
Position Title: Medical Group Logistics Coordinator
SUMMARY: The Medical Group Logistics Coordinator reviews logistical timelines and verifies source documents, performs study procedures and provides medical coverage as needed while subjects are in-house. He/she performs technical, laboratory and administrative tasks following Worldwide Clinical Trials (Worldwide) procedures and study protocol requirements. The Medical Group Logistics Coordinator works under the direct supervision and guidance of the Senior Manager, Medical Group.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Always represents Worldwide in a professional manner (verbal written and in appearance) when interacting with sponsors, subjects, outside vendors and fellow employees.
- Review all logistical timelines and revise as needed.
- Review and test source documents in their area of expertise.
- Conducts interviews under the direction of the Senior Manager, Medical Group and Medical Group Supervisor.
- Verify and sign FT and PRN staff timesheets.
- Under the direction of the Senior Manager, Medical Group and the Medical Director’s standing orders, functions as medical coverage as needed.
- Project medical staffing needs and create weekly schedules.in advance to assure adequate staffing for all studies.
- Acts as a backup for source development.
- Contacts the Medical Director, Coordinator, and/or Principal Investigator as needed.
- Under the direction of the Senior Manager, Medical Group, maintains and adjusts the paramedic work schedule according to workload and study needs. Assists the Senior Manager, Medical Group in preparing daily assignments for the medical group staff.
- Insertion of IV catheters
- Vein ratings
- Dispenses concomitant medications as needed and directed by the Principal Investigator
- Telemetry monitoring
- Assists the Senior Manager, Medical Group in completing performance appraisals for the Paramedic, Floor Monitor and Phlebotomy teams to evaluate individual performance, and assists with corrective action steps (such as documented coaching, counseling) as needed.
- Performs study specific procedures and duties per protocol requirements,
- Performs administrative tasks as needed
- Writes Medical Group Study Guides as directed by the Senior Manager. Medical Group.
- Responsible for requesting, scheduling, and attending any training required for this position.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Customer service skills and be able to perform duties at a fast pace without errors.
- Good documentation and organizational skills and good attention to detail.
- Willing to perform repetitive tasks.
- Good medical judgment.
- Able to draw blood competently, observed by the Senior Manager, Medical Group or Training Department staff.
- Knowledge and skills in performing technical and laboratory procedures; experience performing phlebotomy, vital signs, ECGs, telemetry monitoring, holter monitoring, IVs, computer skills and laboratory procedures.
- Medical equipment as indicated by protocol or standing orders for the care of subjects and completion of study requirements. Office equipment used for communication and general office duties. Food preparation equipment for the use of reheating meals.
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Science and one year of clinical Research experience.
In lieu of degree: 4-5 years’ experience clinical research experience with Texas Department of Health Paramedic certification, or a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN), or an RN licensed by the Texas Board of Nursing, or CRC.
Other: The Supervisor, Medical Group will have a large amount of direct and unsupervised contact with study participants, in addition to the Paramedic and Phlebotomy teams and technical services staff. He/she will be responsible for communicating problems, questions and/or clarifications to his/her Supervisor.
Possible mental demands include, but are not limited to: participant contact, attention to detail, frequent interruptions, fluctuations in workload, performing very strict time-dependent procedures, problem solving, and planning ahead in order to avert potential problems.
Possible physical demands include, but are not limited to: lifting and carrying of objects weighing 5-50 lbs., kneeling, walking, standing, leaning over for extended periods of time, eye strain/fatigue, and exposure risk to potentially infectious blood and/or body fluids, and/or hazardous fumes or chemicals.
Promotion to the next level is not automatic based on years of experience. Personnel are evaluated on proven competency, level of responsibility, and ability to work independently.
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Medical Group Logistics Coordinator
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Antonio, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to enabling professionals from all backgrounds and experiences to succeed and, to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, military status, or other class protected by applicable law. Worldwide is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.