Corporate Financial Accountant
Location: Nottingham, UK
Requisition Number: 5565
Position Title: Financial Accountant
Who we are
We’re a global, midsize CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents because the path to a cure for the world’s most persistent diseases is not paved by those who play it safe. It is built by those who take pioneering, creative approaches and implement them with quality and excellence.
We are Worldwide Clinical Trials, and we are a global team of almost 2,500 experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs – in the best possible way.
Our mission is to work with passion and purpose every day to improve lives and we are looking for others who value this same pursuit.
What a Financial Accountant does at Worldwide
To work alongside the global team in providing timely and accurate information and insightful analysis to facilitate group reporting requirements. The role is reporting to the Associate Director of Global Accounting and comprises of three parts:
- Responsibility for the accounting, reporting and compliance of a number of WCT subsidiary companies;
- Responsibility for assisting with group level reporting requirements; and
- Participation in the planning and implementation of projects.
What you will do
Responsibility for the accounting, reporting and compliance of a number of overseas WCT SubsidiaryCompanies
- Managing the relationship between WCT and the third-party local accountants, tax advisors, lawyers and other similar bodies for each overseas WCT subsidiary company to ensure compliance with the local laws and regulations;
- Responsibility for the flow of all information impacting the financial statements between WCT and the third-party local accountants;
- Assistance with regular reconciliations between the accounts maintained by WCT and the accounts maintained by the third-party local accountants, to include review of such reconciliations performed by team members and to provide support where necessary;
- Review of income taxes, VAT and other similar items;
- Approval and reconciliation of the year end accounts and other reporting requirements for the overseas WCT subsidiary companies. Where applicable this will include local audits.
Responsibility for assisting with group level reporting requirements
- Assistance with production and review of accurate and timely financial and management accounts at month end;
- Communication with FP&A team to ensure accurate and timely reporting, to include analysis of variances to budget/ forecast;
- Preparation and review of monthly balance sheet reconciliations in both functional and reporting currency, including relevant commentary;
- Calculation and posting of intraregional sales and purchases in compliance with the transfer pricing policy;
- Assistance with the year-end consolidated group external audit;
- Assistance with the year-end UK group external audit, to include preparation of consolidation file and statutory accounts;
- Assistance with UK corporation tax pack at year end;
- Supporting the regional cash flow forecasting and reporting requirements as necessary.
Participation in the planning and implementation of projects
- Be involved in departmental, regional or group-wide projects relating to process improvement in support of business growth.
What you will bring to the role
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate appropriately with all levels of staff;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight and conflicting deadlines;
- Be a self-starter with the ability to use their own initiative;
- Willingness to question and/or challenge;
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment, exercising influence over the output of tasks and decisions being made.
- Proficient use of accounting and reporting systems. The current accounting system is Oracle NetSuite. Experience in this system is not mandatory but experience of similar systems is required;
- Previous experience of US GAAP is advantageous but not compulsory;
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting or equivalent.
- Qualified Accountant or strong finalist (ACCA/CIMA/ACA).
- At least 5 years of relevant Finance/Accounting experience.
- Advanced knowledge of financial software applications, proficiency in MS Office applications, advanced Excel.
At Worldwide, we balance fun with the serious business of changing lives. We have a values-driven culture that is built from the ground up. We empower our team members to treat every clinical trial like a patient’s life depends on it – because it does. Our leaders are in the trenches with you - committed to advancing science and moving mountains for our customers.
Interested in hearing more about Worldwide or our roles? Check out our careers page at www.worldwide.com/careers!
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Corporate Financial Accountant
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Nottingham, GB