Director, Corporate & Commercial HRBP
Location: United States
Requisition Number: 5541
Position Title: Director, Business Partner
Who we are
We’re a global, midsize CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates, and invents because the path to a cure for the world’s most persistent diseases is not paved by those who play it safe. It is built by those who take pioneering, creative approaches and implement them with quality and excellence.
We are Worldwide Clinical Trials, and we are a global team of over 3,000 experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs – in the best possible way.
Our mission is to work with passion and purpose every day to improve lives and we are looking for others who value this same pursuit.
As a Director,Corporate & Commercial HRBP you will
Provide strategic human resources leadership and support to a group of departments or business units.
The successful candidate will serve as a partner to the leaders of these organizations as part of their management team The role provides leadership and support for the development of business unit strategies for effective employment and engagement of our people to meet company and departmental objectives. The role serves as an active member of a global team of professionals and collaborates closely with Regional People Partners for the formulation and delivery of activities.
May include but are not limited to:
- Partners with department heads and senior business leaders to initiate advise, formulate and deliver people strategies for the business, working with Regional Partners for local context and other parts of the People function and Corporate teams as required
- Monitors the pulse of engagement within the business unit and formulates advice for leaders proactively on global and inter-regional strategies to resolve issues
- Lead the evaluation, development, and implementation of human resource policies, strategies and initiatives that enable the business and company to achieve their results, ensuring that company has practices that promote globally diverse thinking.
- Partner with senior leaders and managers to create and drive global change management for programs to ensure successful long-term delivery of projects
- Devise and lead transnational talent management planning initiatives relative to organizational objectives ensuring consistency of approach across the business unit.
- Maintain an awareness of compensation and benefits issues to ensure that the company leverages its pay programs to maximize attraction and engagement within overall financial targets
- Devise and deliver programs that enhance functional performance and productivity at all levels, helping employees achieve excellence in their current position while developing employees for future career growth.
- Responsible for overseeing the application of job levels and organizational design globally within areas of responsibility
- Guide the performance management system within departments to assure consistency of rating and that departmental and employees’ performance goals are aligned with the company’s goals and appropriately assessed
- Manage the recruitment process for senior-level roles in partnership with the Talent Acquisition team, taking responsibility for accurately defining the requirements of the role, and assisting managers with the selection process.
- Coach business leaders on effective people management strategies, often with a longer-term impact
- Support and coach employees to resolve concerns and issues within overall company objectives
- Devise data metrics to provide business information to the business unit on its people strategies
- Work collaboratively with other members of the global People team
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must possess knowledge in all functional human resources areas including recruitment, employee relations, compensation, benefits, talent and performance management, training and development, and employment compliance/legal issues.
- Exhibit strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills ensuring exceptional service delivery at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to lead, influence, and negotiate at all levels of the organization.
- Results-driven and action-oriented to solve problems with creativity
- Ability to review and analyze data to identify trends and issues using excel
- Succeeds through teamwork and collaboration.
- Have strong organizational and problem-solving skills and the ability to set priorities.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines on special projects.
- Have a global mindset and ability to manage complexity across multiple countries and activities
- Leadership skills to coach other business leaders on people issues
- 10 years of experience in the Human Resources profession likely to be gained in a Human Resources role with a steady progression
- Degree or equivalent qualification ideally together with a post-graduate qualification or certification in Human Resources
- Some travel required approx 10 – 20%
At Worldwide, we balance fun with the serious business of changing lives. We have a values-driven culture that is built from the ground up. We empower our team members to treat every clinical trial like a patient’s life depends on it – because it does. Our leaders are in the trenches with you - committed to advancing science and moving mountains for our customers.
Interested in hearing more about Worldwide or our roles? Check out our careers page at www.worldwide.com/careers!
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Corporate & Commercial HRBP
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to enabling professionals from all backgrounds and experiences to succeed and, to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, military status, or other class protected by applicable law. Worldwide is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.