Principal Scientist, Method development
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Requisition Number: 5537
Position Title: Principal Scientist, Method Development
Who we are
We’re a global, midsize CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents because the path to a cure for the world’s most persistent diseases is not paved by those who play it safe. It is built by those who take pioneering, creative approaches and implement them with quality and excellence.
We are Worldwide Clinical Trials, and we are a global team of almost 2,500 experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs – in the best possible way.
Our mission is to work with passion and purpose every day to improve lives and we are looking for others who value this same pursuit.
What the Principal Scientist, Method Development does at Worldwide
A Principal Scientist, Method Development adapts existing procedures for new objectives, transfers procedures and develops complex procedures with no oversight. They have demonstrated scientific leadership and become recognized as a scientific leader. Principal Research Scientists regularly contribute to literature and building Worldwide intellectual property. They are capable of leading inter-disciplinary project teams.
What you will do
- Develop complex bioanalytical methods for client and Worldwide owned assays.
- Conduct research studies including drug metabolism studies.
- Produce technical documents, publications, posters, reports or communications.
- Participate in investigations as technical expert and determine assignable causes for unexpected events.
What you will bring to the role
- Ability to read, execute, and understand complicated and detailed instruction and technical literature to plan, perform, and direct laboratory activities
- Lead or represent on project teams focused in a narrow area of expertise.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Established computer knowledge (i.e. analytical software validation).
- PhD, or postgraduate degree, with a scientific focus preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree, with a science discipline, and 12 or more years of relevant work experience required
At Worldwide, we balance fun with the serious business of changing lives. We have a values-driven culture that is built from the ground up. We empower our team members to treat every clinical trial like a patient’s life depends on it – because it does. Our leaders are in the trenches with you - committed to advancing science and moving mountains for our customers.
Interested in hearing more about Worldwide or our roles? Check out our careers page at www.worldwide.com/careers!
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Scientist, Method development
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to enabling professionals from all backgrounds and experiences to succeed and, to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, military status, or other class protected by applicable law. Worldwide is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.