Grants Payable Accountant * - Mexico City, Mexico
Location: Mexico City, Mexico
Requisition Number: 5515
Position Title: Accountant
CVs must be in English & LOCAL candidates, please.
SUMMARY: The Grant Payables Accountant prepares the full spectrum of the site and investigator payment processing and accounting function, as well as helps maintaining and improving internal controls and processes for the group.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
• Responsible for entire Grant Payables accounting process, including balance sheet, cash and project specific reconciliations
- Process site payments in a timely and accurate manner
- Participate in running reports required for tax and transparency reporting, including 1099 and Sunshine act reporting
- Support process development and changes around grant payments, including system implementation and testing
- Respond to site payment queries, liaising with the company bank and WCT departments as and when required
- Participate in training and mentoring of new hires
- Draft and implement Internal SOPs and controls
- Manager relationships with vendors with regards to invoicing and payments, including actioning on problematic cases
Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong organizational and self-motivation skills, coupled with a relentless passion for quality and reliability to “get it right the first time”; Candidate also needs to be able to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Clear understanding of best business practices with respect to this position, with a desire to continuously improve processes and internal controls;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to clearly and concisely present information, including English language proficiency;
- Be a self-starter and have the ability to use initiative;
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interface appropriately with all levels of management;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines with a high degree of accuracy.
- Degree in Finance or Economics or equivalent and at least 4 year of working experience in financial operations or accounting
- Strong relationship building skills
- System implementation and/or process improvement experience preferred
- Advanced knowledge in the use of financial software applications and databases. Ideal candidate will also have relevant ERP experience.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills are essential. Proficiency in all other MS-Office applications will be requisite for this position.
Promotion to the next level is not automatic based on years of experience. Personnel are evaluated on proven competency, level of responsibility, and ability to work independen
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Grants Payable Accountant * - Mexico City, Mexico
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Mexican Federal District, MX