Proposal Manager - Writing
Location: United States
Requisition Number: 5514
Position Title: Proposal Manager - Writing
SUMMARY: The Proposal Manager works with cross-functional contributors to develop crisp and compelling proposals focused on client solutions that are aligned with operational strategy and technical approach. Primarily responsible for RFPs and supplemental documents for single or multiple service/region clinical development protocols or programs. Ensures all documents align appropriately with the operational strategy and budget are completed within appropriate timelines and quality standards.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for consistently producing and writing high quality, customized proposal text across multiple RFPs.
- Identify, advise, and compile winning proposal strategies. Determine key selling messages in cooperation with subject matter experts (SMEs).
- Act as focal point for collection of information from various sources. Interviews SMEs to gather information, confirm data and customize content.
- Review input from SMEs to ensure consistency of selling message and tone.
- Actively participate in creative writing tasks ensuring that product/service offerings are clearly articulated in proposals, statements of work, and presentation materials.
- Must apply strategic and customized solutions to the overall proposal documents.
- Proofread, edit, rewrite, and review budgetary sections of materials to ensure readability and consistency of message and tone.
- Participate in departmental initiatives as requested by Strategic Proposal Management leadership.
- Contribute to Proposal and RFI text libraries to provide text for future use and adaptation.
Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proven leadership skills in a matrixed environment; proven ability to effectively influence executive/c- suite team members relative to contribution to client deliverables.
- Comprehensive understanding of the proposal development process, contract deliverables, budgeting and the overall business organization and functional areas, and commercial strategy.
- Knowledge of the CRO/Pharmaceutical industry, knowledge of sales support activities as well as a strong understanding of study design, project management, and operational requirements for successful study implementation.
- Outstanding writing skills and ability to compose summaries for the completion of clinical development programs and program/project specific strategic overviews
- Excellent analytical skills, oral and written communications, strong attention to detail, prioritization and time management proficiencies.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline oriented, and changing environment.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make smart decisions independently.
- Excellent self-motivation skills.
- Proficiency in all MS-Office applications especially Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent customer relationship management skills and strong commercial acumen.
- Strong organizational agility, negotiation skills, and demonstrated drive for results.
- Proven ability to build peer relationships and effective teams with demonstrated global and cultural awareness.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in CRO/Pharmaceutical Business Development or Operational environment and one year of experience in proposal development.
- Clinical Project Management experience and/or Strategic Proposal experience preferred.
- Experience within a CRO or Pharma company providing comprehensive understanding of sponsor/CRO business practices and advanced knowledge of operational/financial practices, with the ability to analyze and evaluate processes and procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
- Exposure to high levels of pressure; intense concentration needed.
- Must be able to multi-task constantly.
- Frequent interaction with clients / associates required.
- Long, varied hours required occasionally.
- Rare travel required.
Promotion to the next level is not automatic based on years of experience. Employees are evaluated on proven competency, level of responsibility, and ability to work independently.
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Proposal Manager - Writing
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to enabling professionals from all backgrounds and experiences to succeed and, to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, military status, or other class protected by applicable law. Worldwide is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.