Senior VP Commercial, EP
Location: Raleigh, NC, USA
Requisition Number: 5477
Position Title: Senior Vice President, Commercial Operations
SUMMARY: This position will be responsible for the direct leadership of Early Phase business development and proposals teams along with the establishment of relationships with both sponsor companies and with the Worldwide operational units to coordinate the sales activities. This role has a broad impact, and interacts with Early Phase Clinical Operations, Early Phase Bioanalytical Lab, Global Business Development operations, and Marketing to jointly devise initial development strategies for new business.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Attainment of agreed upon annual sales target(s)
- Develop and sell new business personally and through the regional Business Development team, including initiation and retention of relationships with current customers, potential customers, and development of new territories, new products and positioning.
- Hire, train and develop Business Development and Proposals professionals to ensure maximum productivity within their group. Ability to hire, train and motivate skilled professionals to fulfil responsibilities for sales targets, product development and market growth.
- Provide the regional BD and proposals team with technical and strategic direction, team direction/motivation, and trouble-shoot any challenges when targets are not being met or address any performance issues.
- Travel regularly with each team member to ensure sales techniques, client interaction and presentation skills are on target for the position.
- Attend client and bid defense meetings with team members (where appropriate) to help “negotiate and close” the deal.
- Track various team metrics to ensure regional BD team is on target to meet sales goals.
- Act as a regional Interdepartmental communication link.
- Implement and provide in-house and external training programs to improve the productivity and knowledge of the department, regional team and company employees.
- Support marketing strategy and tactics in line with global marketing strategy.
- Support Bids, Proposals and Contracts function and leadership to ensure global consistency.
- Assist Executive Vice President and General Manager of Early Phase in planning, strategy development and strategy execution.
Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
- MS or MBA in business or life sciences preferred
- Ten (10) years of experience in Bioanalytical Laboratory, Central Laboratory, Phase I, IIB Clinical Research or CRO industries and at least fifteen (15) years prior sales experience.
- At least 10 years of prior management experience leading director-level leaders and global teams
- Proven track record in operational delivery and/or drug development; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Promotion to the next level is not automatic based on years of experience. Personnel are evaluated on proven competency, level of responsibility, and ability to work independently.
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Senior VP Commercial, EP
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Raleigh, North Carolina US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to enabling professionals from all backgrounds and experiences to succeed and, to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, military status, or other class protected by applicable law. Worldwide is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.