Senior Director, Early Phase Bioanalysis Business Development
Location: Boston, MA, USA
Requisition Number: 5476
Position Title: Senior Director, Business Development, Early Phase
SUMMARY: Represents and promotes Worldwide Clinical Trials in a predetermined geographical territory and/or and/or to a select group of key accounts with the primary objective of establishing long term, mutually beneficial business relationships and partnerships. Directly responsible for identifying new contact leads for potential services.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Achieve individual revenue and sales objectives through proactive sales and marketing of Worldwide’s services to assigned clients.
- Identify new contact leads for potential clinical, bioanalytical, and ADME business.
- Develop and implement individual, territory and key account strategies that are specifically geared to the growth and retention of the client base.
- Responsible for writing basic clinical and bioanalytical proposals, communicating with clients, internal Clinical Study Managers, and Bioanalytical Study Managers and other duties required to generate new business.
- Coordinates and attends trade shows including making exhibition arrangements and hospitality suite arrangements. Ensures that trade show activities run smoothly and are within budget.
- Assists in the development and execution of marketing plans.
- Provide client benefit presentations of Worldwide’s services to all key accounts and in pursuit of all new business opportunities.
- Identify specific key account needs that can potentially be developed into new Worldwide services (e.g., new methods for bioanalytical).
- Provide continuous general intelligence on all key competitors; their services, acquisitions and pricing.
- Provide daily updates to the Worldwide Sales Force Automation Client Contact and Mailing Database (CRM).
- Provide weekly pre-planners and sales reports outlining major client visits, phone calls and accomplishments and objectives/goals achieved or missed.
- Actively participate and provide account input for proposal development, pricing and database requirements.
- Actively engage senior management in all major business presentations, and discussions on Requests For Information (RFI), Master Service Agreements (MSA) and Preferred Provider Agreements (PPA).
- Actively coordinate the interaction between Sponsors (Clients), Clinical Study Managers, and Bioanalytical Study Managers.
- Determine new approaches to problem solving and devise solutions within scope of responsibility.
- Act as Worldwide’s client advocate and continuously challenge the company to live up to its mission and core values.
- Make own travel as needed to pursue new business and maintain client relationships. Complies with Worldwide’s travel policies.
- Follows Worldwide’s safety guidelines.
- Able and willing to travel throughout assigned geographical territory and nationally.
- Requires independent judgment and understanding of corporate goals and policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management and as necessary to meet business challenges.
Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent oral presentation skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time territory management skills
- Excellent strategic planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent cognitive skills
- BA/BS in business or life sciences
- MS or MBA preferred
- Four (4) to six (6) years of experience in Bioanalytical Laboratory, Central Laboratory, Phase I, IIB Clinical Research or CRO industries and at least eight (8) years prior sales experience.
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Director, Early Phase Bioanalysis Business Development
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Boston, Massachusetts US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to enabling professionals from all backgrounds and experiences to succeed and, to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, military status, or other class protected by applicable law. Worldwide is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.