Senior Scientific Associate, Bioanalysis
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Requisition Number: 5474
Position Title: Senior Scientific Associate, Bioanalysis
Who we are
We’re a global, midsize CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents because the path to a cure for the world’s most persistent diseases is not paved by those who play it safe. It is built by those who take pioneering, creative approaches and implement them with quality and excellence.
We are Worldwide Clinical Trials, and we are a global team of over 3,000 experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs – in the best possible way.
Our mission is to work with passion and purpose every day to improve lives and we are looking for others who value this same pursuit.
At Worldwide, we balance fun with the serious business of changing lives. We have a values-driven culture that is built from the ground up. We empower our team members to treat every clinical trial like a patient’s life depends on it – because it does. Our leaders are in the trenches with you - committed to advancing science and moving mountains for our customers.
Interested in hearing more about Worldwide or our roles? Check out our careers page at www.worldwide.com/careers!
SUMMARY: The Senior Scientific Associate, Bioanalysis works under the guidance of the Senior Manager, Leader of Bioanalysis and is responsible for performing sample analyses ranging from routine to complex using accurate and efficient analytical techniques. This individual is a fully capable worker in a regulated CRO, provides high quality results in a timely manner, and understands work processes across the various teams.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Accomplish all necessary and applicable Worldwide training, including Standard Operating Procedures, Employee Handbook, and Health and Safety Manual
- Understand and apply GLP guidelines in all aspects of work
- Perform chemical assays ranging from routine to complex with consistent accuracy and precision
- Accurately prepare stocks, reagents, standards and quality controls as needed
- Work with a variety of scientists/technicians
- Perform basic mathematical calculations
- Document promptly and clearly all procedural processes
- Maintain and calibrate instruments and equipment, as required
- Review data, recognize and report inconsistencies, and determine the cause and effect
- Work independently, when required, to conduct and plan laboratory work
- Interface with clients, when necessary
- Follow Worldwide’s safety guidelines and perform tasks in a safe manner
- If assigned, function as a lab monitor or safety committee member. Note: approximately 5% (or less) of one’s time may be allocated to this task
Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to read, execute, and understand complicated and detailed instruction and technical literature in order to plan, perform, and direct laboratory activities
- Must be able to work well with a variety of laboratory personnel
- Ability to train other personnel in at least one key area of laboratory operations
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Basic computer knowledge
- Must be able to work with constant interruptions
- Familiarity with corporate policies, goals and objectives; normally acquired after three months of on-the-job exposure to Worldwide operations
- Ability to understand graphs, tables, charts and perform calculations needed for the task, usually associated with 1 year on-the-job training
- Familiarity with various divisions of Worldwide; normally acquired after 1-year on-the-job training
- Ability to report data and procedures orally and in writing and interface effectively with clients, if needed
- Familiarity with laboratory equipment associated with direct experience, experience after technical institute training or a college degree in a related field
- Bachelor’s degree, with a scientific focus, with 2 - 5 years of relevant work experience required
Promotion to the next level is not automatic based on years of experience. Personnel are evaluated on proven competency, level of responsibility, and ability to work independently.
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Scientific Associate, Bioanalysis
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to enabling professionals from all backgrounds and experiences to succeed and, to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, military status, or other class protected by applicable law. Worldwide is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.