Senior Scientist, Instrument Operation (2nd Shift)
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Requisition Number: 5458
Position Title: Senior Scientist, Instrument Operation
Who we are
We’re a global, midsize CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents because the path to a cure for the world’s most persistent diseases is not paved by those who play it safe. It is built by those who take pioneering, creative approaches and implement them with quality and excellence.
We are Worldwide Clinical Trials, and we are a global team of almost 2,500 experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs – in the best possible way.
Our mission is to work with passion and purpose every day to improve lives and we are looking for others who value this same pursuit.
What the Senior Scientist, Instrument Operations does at Worldwide
The Senior Scientist, Instrument Operation, under the guidance of the Leader of Instrument Operation is responsible for performing LC-MS-MS analysis with high efficiency and accuracy following Worldwide Clinical Trials (Worldwide) and Sponsor requirements. This individual is a key member of the instrument operations team with a strong knowledge of mass spectrometry and HPLC techniques. They may assist other operation, validation, and method development staff with projects and instrument troubleshooting in addition to recommending and implementing laboratory improvements. A Senior Scientist participates in the production of scientific literature such as posters, presentations and publications.
What you will do
- Understand and apply GLP guidelines in all aspects of work
- Perform LC-MS-MS analysis following procedures specified by established test methods
- Monitor system performance to ensure quality of results
- Process data following Worldwide procedures and guidelines
- Document promptly and clearly all procedures
- Maintain and calibrate instruments and equipment as required
- Make scientific judgments regarding the quality and integrity of data, taking corrective action, and documenting the decision
- Ensure quality of deliverables including data, reports, and electronic files
What you will bring to the role
- Ability to understand complex written and verbal instructions.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Familiarity with all required software.
- Ability to set up and operate instruments, LC pumps and auto-samplers.
- Extensive experience in performing analytical tests
- Bachelor’s degree with a science discipline
- Eight or more years of relevant work experience required
At Worldwide, we balance fun with the serious business of changing lives. We have a values-driven culture that is built from the ground up. We empower our team members to treat every clinical trial like a patient’s life depends on it – because it does. Our leaders are in the trenches with you - committed to advancing science and moving mountains for our customers.
Interested in hearing more about Worldwide or our roles? Check out our careers page at www.worldwide.com/careers!
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Scientist, Instrument Operation (2nd Shift)
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to enabling professionals from all backgrounds and experiences to succeed and, to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, military status, or other class protected by applicable law. Worldwide is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.