Location: San Antonio, TX, USA
Requisition Number: 5412
Position Title: Telemetry Technician
Who we are
We’re a global, midsize CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents because the path to a cure for the world’s most persistent diseases is not paved by those who play it safe. It is built by those who take pioneering, creative approaches and implement them with quality and excellence.
We are Worldwide Clinical Trials, and we are a global team of almost 2,500 experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs – in the best possible way.
Our mission is to work with passion and purpose every day to improve lives and we are looking for others who value this same pursuit.
What you will do
The Telemetry Technician (TT), under the guidance of the Senior Manager, Medical Group is responsible for performing direct and continuous observation of the electrocardiographic pattern or printing electrocardiograms (ECGs) using the multi-channel telemetry system on Worldwide study participants. The TT works under the general supervision of the Team Lead.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
• Identify and correctly interpret malignant cardiac dysrhythmias as well as gross and fine artifact.
• Promptly notify team lead or Principal Investigator of sponsor specific alerts, cardiac dysrhythmias or out or range parameters.
• Print ECGs for multiple studies using telemetry protocols or manually in conjunction with study timelines.
• With the guidance of the Senior Manager, Medical Group, maintain the telemetry server clear by archiving data.
• QC data related to telemetry time points or other study documents in timely manner using industry standard documentation practices.
• Prepares the telemetry unit and enters all necessary data in the monitoring system.
• Verifies proper channel placement by physically comparing participants to channel assigned.
• Verifies that there are no reversed or missing leads.
Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
What you will bring to the role
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong computer skills including Telemetry system operation.
• Outstanding organizational and planning skills.
• Exceptional logistical skills.
• Good trouble shooting and problem-solving skills.
• High school or GED certificate, Successful completion of a cardiac arrhythmia course (cardiac rhythm interpretation)
• Preferred: Minimum 6 months telemetry experience. Successful completion of Certified Rhythm Analysis Technician Examination (CRAT). ACLS Certification.
At Worldwide, we balance fun with the serious business of changing lives. We have a values-driven culture that is built from the ground up. We empower our team members to treat every clinical trial like a patient’s life depends on it – because it does. Our leaders are in the trenches with you - committed to advancing science and moving mountains for our customers.
Interested in hearing more about Worldwide or our roles? Check out our careers page at www.worldwide.com/careers!
Employment Type: PRN
Community / Marketing Title: Telemetry Tech
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Antonio, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to enabling professionals from all backgrounds and experiences to succeed and, to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, military status, or other class protected by applicable law. Worldwide is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.