Supervisor Shared Services
Multiple Locations: Mexico • San Antonio, TX, USA
Requisition Number: 5388
Position Title: Supervisor, Shared Services
This position will be located in our Mexico City offices, yet we offer a telecommute schedule.
The Supervisor, Shared Services is a role that ensures smooth and efficient work of Account Payable, Accounts Receivable and Grants Payable to ensure work assignments are completed accurately, efficiently and timely.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Providing support to AP, AR and Grants Payable teams overseeing day-to-day activities, including processing vendor bills/credit notes, preparing and rendering invoices to clients, raising and posting payments, reviewing expense reports.
- Work side by side with AP, AR and Grants Payable managers to ensure effective communication within the teams, running recurrent control procedures to confirm accuracy and consistency to existing policies and procedures.
- Liaise for solution creation to business problems and execution of relevant analysis to support required decision making.
- Provide judgement on improvement suggestions made by other team members, including control over implementation of changes and initiation of SOP updates.
- Participate in recruiting and tutoring for new members of staff.
Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Clear understanding of best business practices with respect to this position, with a desire to continuously improve processes and internal controls.
- Strong organizational and self-motivation skills, coupled with a relentless passion for quality and reliability to “get it right the first time”; Candidate also needs to be able to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to clearly and concisely present information, including English language proficiency.
- Be a self-starter and have the ability to use initiative.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interface appropriately with all levels of management.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines with a high degree of accuracy.
- Degree in Finance or Economics or equivalent and at least 5 years of working experience in financial operations or accounting.
- Competences required to build and own relationship with internal and external partners, including actioning on problematic cases.
- System implementation and process improvement experience is an advantage.
- Advanced knowledge in the use of financial software applications and databases. Ideal candidate will also have relevant ERP experience.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills are essential. Proficiency in all other MS Office applications will be requisite for this position.
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Supervisor Shared Services
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.