Clinic Research Coordinator Supervisor
Location: San Antonio, TX, USA
Requisition Number: 5356
Position Title: Clinical Research Coordinator Supervisor
SUMMARY: The Clinical Research Coordinator Supervisor, under the supervision and guidance of the Sr. Manager of Clinical Conduct, is responsible for assuring that all members of the Coordinating team are trained, prepared and informed about their roles in conducting clinical research trials. He/She will also be responsible for actively communicating with other departments to coordinate the successful execution in the conduct of a clinical trial. The Clinical Research Coordinator Superisor directly supervises the Clinical Research Coordinating Team.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Always representing Worldwide Clinical Trials Early Phase Services (WCT) in a professional manner (verbal, written, and in appearance) when interacting with sponsors, volunteers, outside vendors, and fellow employees.
- Hires, trains and supervises Clinical Research Coordinators.
- Projects CRC staffing needs in advance to assure adequate staffing for all studies.
- Provides operational expertise and guidance to the staff.
- Sets up coverage for staff when on vacation, out sick, etc.
- Assigns staff to studies, visits, and duties as needed, including scheduling hours dedicated to query resolution.
- Keeps timelines of whole department visible to ensure all back end timelines are met.
- Liaison with CSM team to achieve high communication standards.
- Updates WIs related to the CRC team function as needed; at least annually.
- Trains PRN, part-time and full-time CRC staff on assigned WIs.
- Trains Coordinating staff to manage clinical studies, including acting as a mentor on visits.
- Oversees the writing, training, and annual updates of a Coordinator’s Training Manual.
- Assures all Direct reports have completed mandatory training in a timely manner. May need to organize training session with other departments or from an external source.
- Ensures all required training is completed and thorough documentation is on file before an employee under supervision performs any job-related duties.
- Keeps a good rapport with all Investigators and gets their input on performance of managed teams.
- QCs eligibility criteria documented by Coordinating staff.
- Ensures Coordinators have appropriate access to external databases and portals as needed.
- Works closely with other department Managers and Supervisors to facilitate study related communications and teamwork assuring all staff perform necessary duties. May need to develop new systems to assure needs from all departments are met.
- Meets regularly with reported staff. This time can be used to discuss time management, future work, to discuss problems and solutions, “retrain” on certain duties, etc.
- Covers study procedures or shifts as needed.
- Attends and assists with study initiation meetings, sponsor site visits, and any audits.
- Assures departmental timelines are met with a high-quality product delivered.
- Responsible for requesting, scheduling and attending any training required for this position.
Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience in supervision of personnel and projects
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing priorities; utilize resources effectively
- Demonstrated ability to inspire effective teamwork and motivate staff within a matrix system
- Demonstrated ability to lead by example and to encourage team members to seek solutions
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to forecast potential problems
- Good computer skills
Possible equipment includes, but is not limited to: microscope, computers, rolling carts, fax machines, photocopiers, telephone, lab apparatus, mop/broom, needles, spirometry, centrifuges, and allergy testing equipment, scales, calculators, vital signs equipment, ECG equipment, and other medical equipment.
Required: University/college degree (life science preferred) or certification in a related allied health profession from an appropriately accredited institution (e.g., nursing certification, medical or laboratory technology) or equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the individual with the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Preferred: Minimum of three (3) years of clinical pharmaceutical industry experience including demonstrated skills and competency in Clinical Research Coordinator tasks.
- Thorough knowledge of clinical trial coordinating processes.
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
- Broad knowledge of drug development process and client needs.
- Possible mental demands include, but are not limited to: reading, math, intense concentration, verbal communication, written communication, attention to detail, multiple tasks, frequent interruptions, fluctuation in workload, etc.
- Possible physical demands include, but are not limited to: lifting and carrying of objects weighing 5-50 lbs., hearing, seeing, gross and fine motor use of upper extremities, kneeling, walking, standing, leaning over for extended periods of time, squatting, eye strain/fatigue, climbing, pushing, pulling, reaching, and exposure risk to potentially infectious blood and/or body fluids, and/or hazardous fumes or chemicals.
- The Clinical Research Coordinator Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that the CRC team is fulfilling their duties and meeting all backend timelines. Their main source of contact is with the CSM team to help the studies run smoothly and with utmost quality. Must be able to follow written and verbal communication. Must be punctual. This role has a large amount of contact with staff, study participants, and clients. Professionalism will be of the utmost importance as a representative of WCT.
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Clinic Research Coordinator Supervisor
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Antonio, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to enabling professionals from all backgrounds and experiences to succeed and, to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, military status, or other class protected by applicable law. Worldwide is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.