Proposal Associate - Writing
Location: United States
Requisition Number: 5315
Position Title: Proposal Associate - Writing
SUMMARY: The Proposal Associate is responsible for coordinating corporate business development projects in the area of sales and supporting the creation of new proposals. This role collects, organizes, and distributes RFPs and RFIs, maintains and updates the proposal tracking database and contributes documents/new text for repositories. The Proposal Associate works with the Proposal Development Management Team, Proposal Managers, and other Worldwide personnel to coordinate all proposal activities.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Respond to RFPs and RFIs, develop proposals, consulting agreements consulting agreements, and other materials that support the Business Development organization.
- Work with Account Directors, Clinical and Operational teams to integrate solutions into complete proposals and consulting agreements.
- Actively participate in technical writing tasks ensuring that product/service offerings are clearly articulated in proposals and consulting agreements.,
- Proofread, edit, rewrite, and revise documents to ensure readability and consistency of message and tone. Meet proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, reviews, approvals and signatures.
- Act as focal point for collection of information from various sources. Collaborate with subject matter experts to gather information and customize content.
- Respond to routine and non-routine inquiries in a timely and professional manner. Obtain assistance to resolve complex inquiries, in order to discuss and learn.
Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Effective planning, strategizing, managing, monitoring, scheduling, and critiquing skills.
- Compelling written and verbal communication skills to clearly and concisely present information.
- Strong interpersonal skills in a fast-paced, deadline oriented, and changing environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and many details in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently.
- Excellent self-motivation skills.
- Proficiency in all MS-Office applications including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Robust writing skills and ability to compose summaries for the completion of proposal/RFIs and program/project specific strategic overviews.
- Minimum one to two years’ experience in CRO/Pharmaceutical Business Development or Operational environment.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred (prefer degree in Life Sciences, Communications, Journalism or Marketing).
- Experience drafting proposals in a CRO environment, or in pharma/biotech outsourcing preferred.
- Knowledge of the CRO/Pharmaceutical industry, knowledge of sales support activities as well as an understanding of study design, project management, and operational requirements for successful study implementation.
- Ability to advise and interact with all levels of management.
Promotion to the next level is not automatic based on years of experience. Personnel are evaluated on proven competency, level of responsibility, and ability to work independently.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
- Exposure to high levels of pressure; intense concentration needed.
- Must be able to multi-task constantly.
- Frequent interaction with clients / associates required.
- Long, varied hours required occasionally.
- Rare travel required.
Promotion to the next level is not automatic based on years of experience. Employees are evaluated on proven competency, level of responsibility, and ability to work independently.
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Proposal Associate - Writing
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to enabling professionals from all backgrounds and experiences to succeed and, to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, military status, or other class protected by applicable law. Worldwide is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.