Sr Mgr, Financial Reporting & Statutory
Location: Raleigh, NC, USA
Requisition Number: 5242
Position Title: Senior Manager, Financial Reporting and Compliance
Who we are
We’re a global, midsize CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents because the path to a cure for the world’s most persistent diseases is not paved by those who play it safe. It is built by those who take pioneering, creative approaches and implement them with quality and excellence.
We are Worldwide Clinical Trials, and we are a global team of almost 2,500 experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs – in the best possible way.
Our mission is to work with passion and purpose every day to improve lives and we are looking for others who value this same pursuit.
What you will do
- Lead external financial reporting and preparation of US GAAP financial statements and related footnote disclosures
- Lead preparation of financials for quarterly bank reporting
- Review monthly financial consolidation for accuracy paying additional attention to Inter-Company elimination, consolidation, and exchange
- Play a leadership role in the US GAAP consolidated entity Audit
- Lead supervision and execution of outsourced accounting activities and reporting. Ensure US GAAP in Netsuite and local GAAP reporting requirements. Ensure local country compliance, including statutory audit of financial statements and ensure statutory filings are made timely.
- Work with 3rd party accounting companies to optimize processes and costs
- Coordinate with legal as appropriate and direct work of outsourced statutory accounting, reporting, and filing ensuring all international audits and filings are completed timely and recorded correctly
- Oversee the relationship with external auditors, coordinating all parties to ensure that the Corporate Consolidations audits as well as the local entities audits are planned, resourced effectively, executed efficiently and timely
- Develop and Lead Statutory to US GAAP reconciliation process – manage that process for entities that utilize outsourced accountants
- Research, interpret, document, and implement new SEC and FASB pronouncements and regulations including ASC 842
- Play a leadership role in projects related to acquisitions, divestitures, and changes in accounting process or policy. Support development of technical knowledge throughout the accounting organization. Assist in the development and maintenance accounting-related policies
- Review for compliance with all debt covenants and assist where needed with securing financing
- Work with leadership and legal counsel on executing or refinancing debt agreements
- Responsible for assisting the organization with identifying value-add opportunities to promote process standardization, efficiencies and overall department performance improvements
- Lead technical accounting activities, projects, and policy
What you will bring to the role
- Strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Able to thrive in a fast paced and evolving organization
- Qualified accountant (CPA, ACA, CIMA, ACCA) with at least 4 years related experience
- Public Accounting experience preferred
- Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP is required
- Experience drafting US GAAP year-end financial statements is required
- Experience with external audits is required
- Experience with multi-currencies is required
- Knowledge of ERP systems including NetSuite is a plus
- Ability to work under pressure, often in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with superior attention to detail
- Possess excellent critical thinking/problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
At Worldwide, we balance fun with the serious business of changing lives. We have a values-driven culture that is built from the ground up. We empower our team members to treat every clinical trial like a patient’s life depends on it – because it does. Our leaders are in the trenches with you - committed to advancing science and moving mountains for our customers.
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Sr Mgr, Financial Reporting & Statutory
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Raleigh, North Carolina US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to enabling professionals from all backgrounds and experiences to succeed and, to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, military status, or other class protected by applicable law. Worldwide is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.