Corporate Accountant (Remote)
Multiple Locations: Mexico City, Mexico • North Carolina, USA
Requisition Number: 5240
Position Title: Accountant
SUMMARY: The Corporate Accountant, Global Accounting plays an important role in accounting, financial reporting, compliance, and audit activities across the organization. The Staff Accountant, Global Accounting is responsible for the preparation of the full spectrum of work in the US GAAP accounting function.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Delivering assigned responsibilities supporting a timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial close process.
- Accounting system/process improvement and ongoing execution.
- Producing accurate and timely financial and management accounts at month-end.
- Timely reconciliation and review of the monthly accounts and commentary as required.
- Review of income taxes, VAT and other similar items.
- Preparation and posting of various accruals, prepaids, fixed assets, T&E, banking transactions, and other accounting activities as assigned.
- Responsibility for the flow of all information impacting the financial statements between WCT and the third party local accountants.
- Prepare work to support transfer pricing.
- Processing of payroll data received from local accountants.
- Experience working in multiple currencies is required.
- Comprehensive documentation of accounting policies and procedures related to assigned responsibilities
- Information and analysis to support monthly balance sheet and P&L reviews that provide insight into key business drivers that are impacting financial results
The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of US GAAP accounting required
- Experience with balance sheet reconciliations, journals, and month end accounting close preferred
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills required
- Experience with international operations a plus
- Knowledge in access databases and excel VBA a plus
- Experience with external audits a plus
- Prior experience within CRO or pharmaceutical sectors a plus
- Experience in a service business and working in a global organization is a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required
- Able to thrive in a fast paced and evolving organization
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required, Master’s Degree in Accounting preferred
- Previous experience in public accounting or in a corporate accountant role a plus
- Must demonstrate good judgment and mature business skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including a professional and diplomatic demeanor
Promotion to the next level is not automatic based on years of experience. Personnel are evaluated on proven competency, level of responsibility, and ability to work independently.
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Corporate Accountant (Remote)
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.