Location: San Antonio, TX, USA
Requisition Number: 5173
Position Title: PRN Paramedic 1
Who we are
We’re a global, midsize CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates, and invents because the path to a cure for the world’s most persistent diseases is not paved by those who play it safe. It is built by those who take pioneering, creative approaches and implement them with quality and excellence.
We are Worldwide Clinical Trials, and we are a global team of almost 2,500 experts, bright thinkers, dreamers, and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs – in the best possible way.
Our mission is to work with passion and purpose every day to improve lives and we are looking for others who value this same pursuit.
What you will do
The PRN Paramedic oversees study procedures, performs study procedures, and provides medical coverage as needed while subjects are in-house. Provide direction and indirect supervision for technical and laboratory staff in the absence of a Full-Time Supervisor.
• Provides medical coverage in case of an emergency for subjects visiting Worldwide Clinical Trials.
• Oversees all study procedures to ensure that they are performed on time, following both the study protocol and WCTEPS procedures.
• Acts as the primary contact for subjects while in-house when the Coordinator is not available.
• Documents all adverse events reported and observed per WCT staff or protocol requirements while subjects are in-house.
• Assists in training PRN staff and new Full-Time staff.
• Performs administrative work as needed (copying, filing, filling in CRFS, etc.).
What you will bring to the role
• Strong communication skills with excellent customer service
• Tenacity, with the ability to perform duties without errors and adjust to a fast-paced environment
• Detail-oriented mindset
• Good documentation and organizational skills
• Work effectively with co-workers in a team environment
• Texas Department of Health Paramedic certification or license. at least 1 year of experience as a paramedic, performing at the ALS skill level.
• Preferred: 1 year working as a Lead Medic on an ALS unit for a 911 or private EMS agency. Or 3-5 years working in a clinical setting utilizing ALS skills. Clinical Research knowledge. Associate or bachelor’s degree.
At Worldwide, we balance fun with the serious business of changing lives. We have a values-driven culture that is built from the ground up. We empower our team members to treat every clinical trial like a patient’s life depends on it – because it does. Our leaders are in the trenches with you - committed to advancing science and moving mountains for our customers.
Interested in hearing more about Worldwide or our roles? Check out our careers page at www.worldwide.com/careers!
Employment Type: PRN
Community / Marketing Title: PRN Paramedic
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Antonio, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to enabling professionals from all backgrounds and experiences to succeed and, to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, military status, or other class protected by applicable law. Worldwide is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.