Location: San Antonio, TX, USA
Requisition Number: 5150
Position Title: Phlebotomy Technician I
Who we are
We’re a global, midsize CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates, and invents because the path to a cure for the world’s most persistent diseases is not paved by those who play it safe. It is built by those who take pioneering, creative approaches and implement them with quality and excellence.
What you will do
A Phlebotomy Technician, performs technical, laboratory, and administrative procedures following Worldwide Clinical Trials (Worldwide) procedures and study protocol requirements.
- Performs phlebotomy on study participants at timed intervals, ensuring the comfort and safety of the subjects.
- Properly labels specimens and documents procedures as required.
- Once trained, performs the following procedures following WCT procedures and study protocol requirements:
- Vital signs,
- Serves meals/snacks,
- Searches participants and their belonging when entering and leaving the Phase 1 Unit.
- Measuring/calculating and recording height/weight/BMI
- Ensures that procedures run smoothly, and procedure areas are kept clean and uncluttered.
What you will bring to the role
- Strong communication skills with excellent customer service
- Highly skilled in blood draw and willing to perform repetitive tasks
- Tenacity, with the ability to perform duties without errors and adjust to a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented mindset
- Good documentation and organizational skills
- Graduate from an accredited Phlebotomy or Medical Assistant program
- Preferred: At least 6 months of phlebotomy experience, experience in a phase I clinical environment
At Worldwide, we balance fun with the serious business of changing lives. We have a values-driven culture that is built from the ground up. We empower our team members to treat every clinical trial like a patient’s life depends on it – because it does. Our leaders are in the trenches with you - committed to advancing science and moving mountains for our customers.
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Phlebotomist
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Antonio, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to enabling professionals from all backgrounds and experiences to succeed and, to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, military status, or other class protected by applicable law. Worldwide is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.