Vendor Proposal Manager
Location: United States
Requisition Number: 5067
Position Title: Vendor Bidding Manager
Who we are
We’re a global, midsize CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents because the path to a cure for the world’s most persistent diseases is not paved by those who play it safe. It is built by those who take pioneering, creative approaches and implement them with quality and excellence.
We are Worldwide Clinical Trials, and we are a global team of over 3,000 experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs – in the best possible way.
Our mission is to work with passion and purpose every day to improve lives and we are looking for others who value this same pursuit.
SUMMARY: Works with cross functional contributors to obtain high quality and compelling vendor quotes that are aligned with operational strategy. Primarily responsible for obtaining vendor quotes for RFPs and supplemental documents for single or multiple service/region clinical development protocols or programs. Ensures all quotes align appropriately with the operational strategy and are obtained within appropriate timelines and quality standards.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
• As a member of the vendor bidding team within vendor management, obtain quotes for RFPs, review RFP documents for proposals, statements of work, presentations and other materials that support the Business Development organization.
• Identify required vendors per RFP and liaise with operational SMEs to ensure accurate quotes are requested for the appropriate third-party services within RFP timelines and compliments the overall operational delivery strategy.
• Review and maintain vendor bidding metrics to ensure adequate tracking of vendor TATs and price.
• Develop and maintain working vendor relationships that support vendor management and business development.
• Work with Vendor Management, Account Directors, Clinical and Operational teams to provide vendor solutions for proposals and statements of work.
• Meet proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, implementation, reviews and approvals.
• Act as focal point for collection of information from various sources. Work with SMEs to gather information and customize solutions.
• Respond to routine and non-routine inquiries pertaining to vendor bidding in a timely and professional manner. Obtain assistance to resolve complex inquiries, to for growth and development.
• Mentor vendor bidding associates and serve as team lead.
• Other duties as requested or assigned by supervisor.
The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Good understanding of competitive bidding within a CRO/equivalent is preferred but not essential.
• Ability to compare, analyze and compose summaries of complex data for presentation to executive team members.
• Excellent analytical skills, oral and written communications, strong attention to detail, prioritization and time management proficiencies.
• Strong interpersonal skills in a fast-paced, deadline oriented, and changing environment.
• Excellent ability to handle multiple tasks and many details in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently.
• Excellent self-motivation skills.
• Proficiency in all MS-Office applications with moderate-to-advanced experience in Microsoft Excel.
• Excellent customer relationship management skills and strong commercial acumen.
• Ability to work in a high pressure/ time-sensitive environment including the ability to handle multiple issues on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Strong organizational agility, negotiation skills, and demonstrated drive for results.
• Proven ability to build peer relationships and effective teams with demonstrated global and cultural awareness.
• Minimum one (3) years’ experience in CRO/Pharmaceutical industry or experience in a financial or analytical role with transferable experience and skill sets as outline within.
• Must process the ability to comprehend advanced operational/ financial practices and develop in-depth analysis and complex processes and procedures.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
• Exposure to high pressure, intense concentration needed.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task and out-of-the-box thinking.
• Frequent interaction with clients & other stakeholders.
• Ability to work varied hours when required.
• Occasional travel of may be required, estimated at 5%.
Promotions are solely based on perform in the role and demonstrate competency in all levels of job requirements as outlined within this document.
At Worldwide, we balance fun with the serious business of changing lives. We have a values-driven culture that is built from the ground up. We empower our team members to treat every clinical trial like a patient’s life depends on it – because it does. Our leaders are in the trenches with you - committed to advancing science and moving mountains for our customers.
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Vendor Proposal Manager
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to enabling professionals from all backgrounds and experiences to succeed and, to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, military status, or other class protected by applicable law. Worldwide is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.